Chapter 21: Hurting and bonding

Start from the beginning

Seeing the distasteful look on your face, he sighed. A blast of crimson came from his arm and leg on opposite sides. You watch him tear of his right arm and left leg before throwing them aside. He slumped against the ground and watched his disregarded limbs disappear.

"I made myself weaker and suppressed my regeneration as proof I'm not here as a spy. I'm calling a temporary truce."

The shock lasted a moment before you stared at him and sigh. You sit in front of him with a bored expression.

Akaza was starting to speak before he hesitated, "Well? I don't have much time, my comrades might get suspicious." He shook off the intense feeling and opened up his mouth, stuttering out words.

"I-I, I just wanted to tell you my uh, offer is still up. It would be a waste to have you use up all that power and not s-serve for a.. greater purpose." He stopped, his mind going a bit blank, trying to recover what he was about to say.

This doesn't normally happen to him but he couldn't help but feel a bit terrified. There was an overwhelming feeling he couldn't cast aside.

"I told you and I'll tell you again. I'm not turning back on my cause. How would that even benefit me." You stated more than questioned. You seemed a bit intimidating to the demon at the moment as his eyes trail back to your face to the branches behind you. Two branches spread out behind you, making the silhouette of a devil.

He didn't know if he was just tired or weak but he could've sworn that your moonlit eyes had a glint of red shining in them.

"You'll have power! You'll have control over everything if you can rise up the ranks! And you would be able to live freely! Isn't that what you wanted?!" Akaza spat out words as if he was praising Muzan himself.

The sound of shuffling snapped his attention back to you as you slammed your elbow against the bark, your face dangerously close to his.

"What do you take me for? A savage? An absolute fool?"

You were so close to him, eyes full of so much emotion. There was something odd that showed in your eyes. Something he couldn't sense but he knew was there.

"Don't you want to protect those you love?"

You backed away from him and scoff, reaching a hand down to his cut off arm and safely secured it around your belt.

"Of course, I want to protect those I love but not like that. And I'm certainly sure you don't want to protect them like that either. After all, you're quite different."

Akaza watched as you wrapped the tip of the limb, where all the blood had been gushing out, with cloth.

"I'll be taking your blood as compensation for wasting my time with useless banter..."

You walked a few strides forward to were Sanemi had gone. You turned your head slightly, not looking at Akaza.

"... Farewell, demon."

When your silhouette faded, Akaza remained situated at the tree, his mind full of thoughts but only one stuck around.

"What did she mean.."