Loki ran after her, "No, wait! Wait up!"

Back at the house, Y/N came back downstairs in a new outfit, sweatpants, a tank top, and a light red jacket over it all, her hair was tied up in a messy bun and there were extra hairs falling out of the bun, tangled around her face. She looked like she hadn't slept in months, "Have you seen your dad?"

"Do you want to go look for him mom?" Caelum asked hopefully to his mom who looked very tired.

"Well, if he doesn't wanna be here, there's nothing I can do about it," Y/N shrugged and sat down on a chair, "Hey, Mom? Last night, Uncle P said that thing about re-killing Dad?"

Y/N became solemn and stern suddenly, "Don't believe anything that man said. He is not your uncle."

"Who is he?" Caelum asked, a shiver went down his spine at his mom's sudden mood change.

Y/N's manner lightened up from what it was before, "Here's the thing, boys. I'm your mom. And as such, you were counting on me to have all the answers, right? Well, I don't. I have... no answers. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Niente. I'm starting to believe that everything is... meaningless. You're welcome to draw your own conclusions, but that's just where I'm at."

Y/N felt like she needed to talk to the readers every once in a while, and that's what she intends to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So maybe I went a little too dark there, but they'll be fine. Loki is a Frost Giant. They literally inherited tough skin."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N sat on a chair, different from her interview chair when Agnes walked in the house, "Hi, Agnes. Come on in. I'd get up, but I just don't want to."

It was now Agnes's turn to talk to the readers, she sat in her own house on her own couch, "But I think I got there in the nick of time 'cause she was one split end away from cutting her own bangs."

In the house, Agnes walked to the the boys, "Hey, boys, why don't we give your mom some "me time"?"

Y/N sat up from her slouching position in the chair, "Agnes, are you sure?"

"Oh, abso-positively. Come on, let's go, guys."

Both the boys groaned, "Do we have to, Mom?"

"Mm-hmm."

"Someone needs to be here to take care of you!"

"Boys, I'll be fine! Just go with Agnes," Y/N dismissed them with her hand, causing who knows what to fall or break.

"I promise I won't bite."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"I actually did bite a kid once," Agnes smiled at the readers.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Agnes, you are a life-saver!"

"Aw!"

"Is there anything I can do for you?"

"I do have a suspicious mole on my back that I just can't see. Ah. Boundaries. I get it. Say no more. All right, gentlemen, let's keep it moving."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm fine! I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine..." Y/N repeated multiple times trying to convince the readers, staring off into space.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Present Day       𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚 & 𝐉𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐲
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Darcy made it through that last firewall, all right," Jimmy informed Monica as the two drove over a bridge, "Oh, what'd she find?"

"RnD reports. All on the same project. Code name, Tesseract."