c h a p t e r. 03

Začít od začátku

"What am I revealing? Honestly, it's just my thoughts and feelings, and what's it's like growing up as a young woman and life. I mean, H.E.R came from the concept of me growing up and kind of the evolution woman and stuff you go through in relationships and life, and it's just shining a light on that. It's just expressing myself because music is my outlet now, and it's my diary, and I just decided to release it onto the world. Now I found that I'm not alone in everything I go through." I spoke the truth into the mic, already expecting this answer.

"I'm glad that you said the music is diary because, girl, it feels like you are giving real, personal situations that you are sharing that we can all relate to. Right?" She asks as I smile at her.

"Absolutely," I say into the mic laughing a little.

"Are you currently in a relationship? Is that the inspiration? Or was its heartbreak?" She asks me, causing me to smile shyly.

"I'm living my life, and it's several things. I think that we all have a lot of ups and downs, relationships or not. Umm, a lot of situations. You know more so than relationships, but umm, yeah. I'm just living my life." I say into the mic, looking at the audience.

"I like that. She's like situation-ships. We all had a situation-ship before. One or two before." She says, laughing as I agree with her.

"H.E.R is in the building! We're going live in one?" She asks to the side, and I make myself more comfortable on the couch.

"One minute? Okay, does anyone have a question? Okay, y'all think about it. Can we turn the radio a little bit? There we go." She asks the DJ, and I hear 'Shawty' by Plies start to play.

"Is there anything that you want to talk about?" She asks me as I give her a confused look because Melissa already told them what to discuss.

"The tour with Chris Brown or Bryson Tiller. That's about it." I tell her, and she laughs slightly, nodding to what I say. I turn my head to the front and listen to the music that the DJ is playing as she goes over her questions that she is going to ask.

"It's a cool vibe in here," I tell her, facing her again, and she smiles.

"Yea, but it's hot," She says as I nod along to what she's saying and also the music.

"Are you comfortable? Do you need water or anything?" She asks me as I shake my head no.

"No, I'm good. I'm good, but thank you," I told her as she nods. I start to mouth the words to the music until someone in the back began to count down from 5 to 1.

"Study Night Jams California's number one for hip-hop and R&B. Reporting live from the Penthouse today. We have the very talented, the beautiful, H.E.R. Hanging out on the couch. Having Everything Revealed, you just revealed a few things to us earlier offer. But now- I am sure you are super excited about this space that you're in right now." She says, stuttering a little bit.

"Hey, what's up? Absolutely, umm honestly creatively, in every way I've been in an excellent headspace. This is because I'm busy, and being busy is a blessing and the fact that people are loving the music and taking in the message and saying things like 'Oh, I feel you on that.' That's very rewarding to me, and that's a great feeling, so I'm happy." I say into the mic and adjusting my glasses since they keep on falling a little.

"Speaking of taking away messages from your music, what do you want to be known for? I know that's a big question, but like right now presently?" She asks as I think about the question.

"I never really thought about what I wanted to be known for, but I just wanted people to be comfortable with who they are and what they go through and to know that they're not alone. Because even before I released my music, there are songs that I didn't want to put out because I might as well be saying names on this song. I felt like it was so personal. I was afraid to release the music, but music is what I love, and I knew that I had to, and now I feel like I found my purpose as being a voice to young women and a voice for the disenfranchised. Also, to the people that have a hard time pinpointing what they feel and have a hard time releasing it and not knowing what their outlet is, but it's kind like just giving that voice." I say into the mic, expressing how I want to be viewed.