ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴀᴛʜ

Start from the beginning

Lastly, my gaze landed on a grumpy looking boy, a frown visibly looking as if it was permanently etched there. Freckles splattered across his face with big doe eyes and— my scrutinizing halted as the eldest male cleared his throat, the only blonde attempted to step inside the compartment.

“No.” I expeditiously responded to the earlier thrown question. With that being stated, the presumed elder female looked up from her reading to gaze to me questionably. The four, all in all, glanced at me with curious expressions.

“No?” The same male questioned, stunned by the simple yet understandable words. Although I doubt it's understandable, seeing as he literally questioned it.

Shaking my head sternly, I replied once more. “No thank you. As you can see, this compartment is already full.” Gaining looks of clear confusion, another voice finally pitched in a small, “It's . . . clearly empty?”

“Then you're clearly blind. Say hello to Bob, he's sitting by the window,” Pointing to the mentioned spot, I flickered my eyes from there back to them. This earned another mix of expressions as some shared a look of amusement while the others looked bewildered.

“Are you ok—” I cut the forming words of female, crossing my arms across my chest. “I'm not high, I don't take drugs.”

Silenced ensued around the surroundings, a pregnant pause going on as both sides glanced at each other. Theirs being absolute puzzlement whilst mine staying their usual raised brow. It's going to stick up there forever, I tell you. Rolling my eyes, I whipped away from them, my hair swishing at their faces as I sat down by the window. Earning a pleasing ouch from whoever got hit by my locks.

Small awkward footsteps made their way inside the room, making me look up at them with a small open mouth. “Excuse me? Did I allow this?”

“Nope,” The younger boy stated, refusing the presented help from his brother to put away his trunk. He sat on the seat across mine, a small smirk evident on his face. “But we don't care.”

“Ed!” His brother scolded, earning an eye roll from the aforementioned boy but just remained silent. I narrowed my eyes to the lot one last time, carefully observing their possible personalities. Shaking my head, I just looked away to grab a book from my belongings. Not the right time to waste some time. As I took out a needed for the moment book, a small voice once again broke my little to none peace.

“Hello, I'm Lucy!” Grinning at myself was the youngest of the group, her face structured to a youthful look who held much wonder. I hesitantly opened my mouth to retort back a ‘Hi, I don't care!’ but just pursed my lips and nodded, not wanting to sadden her more. Seeing as I would be the one to face the consequences of being able to feel it. I'll explain it later.

“This is Susan, that's Peter, and this is Edmund.” Continued little Lory? Lucy, the small amiable beam still existing on her expression. Her expectant face gazed at me excitedly, painfully letting me know that it would be too awkward to not reply at all. Why not tell them a false name? You know, just for the fun of it.

“Charlotte, uh,” I cleared my throat, picking a book from my belonging to hopefully bring an end to the social interaction. “Charlotte Dandelion.”

“Nice to meet you Charlotte.” The girl giggled, probably at my chosen surname. Resuming to open my book, I let my eyes scan the first paragraph, ready to read when another voice broke out making me let out a huge annoyed sigh.

“She's lying,” Narrowing my eyes at the voice, Edmund faced me with a sharp look. “Her name's Ophelia Wellington.”

Raising my book higher, I covered my face to desperately try focusing on it. “Love them stalkers, alright.”