Assurance of divine wrath

Start from the beginning

Ayanokouji POV

Let's go back to before the start of our special test on the deserted island. Let's talk about the closing ceremonies for the end of the first semester. I was feeling elated, because I was savoring the joy of being able to fully enjoy summer vacation for the first time in my life.

I do not even have to say anything here. People will draw their own conclusions. 

 However, the Grim Reaper appeared before me with scythe in hand to snatch away my happiness.As I arrived at the faculty room, I saw Chabashira-sensei waiting in the doorway.

"Come in."

"I don't understand why you called me over."

"We'll talk inside."My "incoming depression" meter rose steadily as she met my questions with such short answers. I'd hoped she'd called me here as a joke.

"You might expect bad things when you're asked to come to the faculty room, but contrary to your expectations, it's a fine place. There aren't eyes all around in here. Many things are better said with some personal privacy."

I noticed that the security camera, which should've been installed in a room like this, was missing.

"So this is where she blackmailed you Ayanokouji-kun?" Says Sakayanagi. A camera not being in the room and what I said before is like 2+2=4 for her and most other people.

I just shrug my shoulders. It is rather obvious something is going on.

"So what did you want to talk to me about? I'm busy planning my summer vacation right now."

"That's funny. I thought you didn't have any friends?"

"No, no, I was exaggerating when I said that. I have at least a few friends."Although I could count the number of friends on two hands, the quantity wasn't important. Or at least that's what they say. Besides, wouldn't it have been just fine if I spent summer vacation by myself?

Now I am getting looks of pity. 

"Ayanokouji-kun. This time we can go to the library together. You will not be alone."Shiina says with a beaming smile. Cute.

"We can also go to the pool like last time Ayanokouji-kun!" Says Ichinose cheerfully. 

The Ayanokouji group just looks at me, the invitation is clear.

"Thank you for your offers. I gladly accept." There is no reason for me to deny anyone here. I like reading books with Shiina and going to the pool was also an enjoyable experience. 

"I've called you here today because I wanted to tell you my personal story."Chabashira-sensei's story? This was headed in a very different direction. I didn't understand why she'd called me over by name and wanted to tell me her story. Nor did I have any interest.

"So she tried to use sentimentality on you senpai? She should know that would not work."True. I really did not and still do not care what happened to her. She is someone useful to me, that is all.

"She did not have as much information as I thought, this was one of the clues for that." Of course the other one was the main one. My father would never contact a teacher. He would do it through the higher ups. He is that type of man.

Building up a friendly rapport with her is good. But unless I am severely overestimating her, she should understand what I am doing. She should be one of the best from her generation. But the willingness to even say anything to me. Tch, I need to observe her more, before I can think of any concrete plan.

Others still look weirded out about me talking with her, especially Horikita and Sudo. They know what she did with the knife after all. As long as no troublesome questions are asked, I do not mind.

Honestly, I miscalculated a bit. Or I should say I did not know that those specific videos would be shown, so I could not have forseen that I would have enough opportunities to build my story up. Thus, I will not be seen as a cold student with only a few close to him as I wanted. Now I will be seen as someone that needs help to adjust to society. Someone to help. It does not really matter, to be honest. Or maybe their outlook will change with them seeing my monologue. I will not have troubles with the class anyway, even as a worse case scenario. With my plan fully put into effect. If this monologue would have been shown earlier,I would have had to do troublesome things. Well, no point in thinking about that.