Kyla went to live with Iwa for the night. We both knew it was coming. But I didn't know it was soon.

"Good evening..." Tiph spoke.

"Gosh, how long was I asleep. I feel so tired but refreshed." I spoke.

"Probably 6 hours." She said.

"Gosh, did I miss the dinner?" I ask.

"Yes." She replied sadly. I frown.

"Man, I am hungry..." I tell.

"Don't worry. I didn't eat either. Let's grab something outside." Tiph explained.

"Ohh, what?" I ask.

"Ramen?" She suggested. I nodded. It sounded good. I wore a floral summer dress and did some light make up and head out with Tiphanie.

We searched for many restaurants. Everything was full—too many tourists in Tokyo. I got hungrier as seconds went by.

"Hey, why don't we go to the association Kitchen and make something. It's near the national gym where the boys will practice!" Tiph suggested.

"Oh, that's a great idea. We can meet the chefs as well. I think they still at work since some national teams started their training." I replied.

"Awesome, let's go." Tiph agreed.

But once we entered, we saw the cafeteria full. The buffet looked crowded—various national teams. Hoping not to run to any Zeldians or anyone else, we quickly entered the kitchen with our badges.

The kitchen was huge. Around 20 chefs working. I wondered how I could communicate the diet plan to these chefs.

My suspicion was right. I wish I knew better the day, Kuroo spoke about how Zeldian owned the sponsors.

None of the chefs was willing to talk to us.

Some said they were busy, and some just walked past by. I forgave them for their attitude, but my suspicion grew when they talked kindly to the other national team's dietician and training team but refused to talk to us.

One of the chefs came to me,

"You should probably come when everything starts. We are full today." He said arrogantly with a thick Zeldian accent...

"We just came to introduce ourselves. We are consulting the national team of Japan. Especially being the host country's trainers, we expected little decency." I said.

"Right so, FYI, being the host country doesn't make you special. Japan is representing around 100 sports. Do you think we cater for everyone?" The chef revealed.

"Um, I didn't mean like that. I was just doing a professional courtesy." I replied, frustrated.

"Well, we are busy... so maybe do it tomorrow. I'll look around if we have time..." He spoke.

My mouth was wide open. I felt disrespected. I came here to work, and this man was uncooperative.

Tiph just pulled my shoulder, asking me to leave, not cause a scene. If she weren't there, I would have argued more.

Another junior chef entered. He looked scared. He was clearly Japanese.

"Sir...Sir, we got the diet plans for the first 5 teams for the next volleyball match." He spoke, breathing heavily as he just sprinted from somewhere.

"Okay, leave around my desk, Fukunaga." He spoke uninterested to the junior chef. Fukunaga nodded and went ahead. I saw him pulling dumb faces at the Zeldian chef. I almost chuckled. Guess some of them hated him.

"Anything funny?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No. I shall meet you tomorrow then. Sorry for the inconvenience."

With that, I left the kitchen. As I walked, my blood boiled. I wouldn't say I liked the uncertainty about the future. Am I jeopardizing the team for my own ego? I didn't even feel hungry anymore.

As I walk down the hallway, I saw Fukunaga heading upstairs. It seemed like he was going to the head chef's office.

I dragged tiph with me.

"What are you doing y/n?" She whispered.

"shhh... the first 5 teams include Japan too. I want to know whether they have our diet plans with them in those folders." I say.

"I bet they do..." She says.

"I still need to prove my instinct wrong. Please, Tiph, comes with me." I said, still following Fukunaga.

She just nods, unsure and follows me.

I see Fukunaga placing the papers inside and leaves the office.

As I saw him leave, I quietly enter the office. Tiph panicked.

I quickly searched for the papers. I saw Brazil, Denmark, Zeldia, China....but no Japan.

"Tiph, are we sure Japan is in group A?" I ask.

"Why what's wrong...and yes, they in A. With Brazil, Denmark, Zeldia and China," she confirms.

"Our diet plan is missing..." I furrow my brows. Panic came around my throat.

"WHAT HOW? I specifically emailed them 2 weeks ago along with all notes." Tiph came forward and helped me recheck.

No, Japan still.

Suddenly,

we hear the door creak open.

SHIT