Chapter1- At a miserable messed up Marriage

Ch1- At a Miserable messed up Marriage

Avneet POV

A baby pink lehenga and a rose gold lehenga lie in front of me on the bed as I stare at them both, unable to decide which would look better on me.

Today, I'm going to my mom's school-friend's, daughter's wedding and she insists on me looking my very best! I think this decision is one that needs expert help. From someone with exceptional taste, someone who would know exactly what to do in a situation like this one, someone like none other than my brother!

Avu: JAIJEET YOU USELESS BROTHER, come here and make yourself useful!

Jai: (mumbling to himself) why does everyone call me useless in this house?!

Avu: which one looks better? The pink one or rose gold?

Jai: I dunno. I'm not a girl.

Avu: JUST GIVE YOUR OPINION!

Jai: It's not like you're gonna take iT! You do this all the time Avneet! U ask me for an opinion, then you just insult my taste and choose whatever you want anyway!

Avu: What are you talking about? I always consider your opinion.

Jai: (already knowing what's gonna happen) Let's see... I think the baby pink one looks better.

Avu: (smiles) You're right! The rose gold one definitely looks better! (picks it up)

Jai: (rolling his eyes and just staring) yes, totally. Rose gold..., IT'S NOT LIKE I SAID ANYTHING!

Avu: (looking at Jai) oh... did you say something?

Jai: (miserably sobs on the inside)

I walk into my closet and start to change into the rose gold lehenga, which seems almost impossible to wear! If I meet the designer of this crap someday I swear I'll slap them!

I eventually stuff myself into that bag that people call a dress, and surprisingly smile at myself in the mirror. It looks stunning!

I apply a coat of soft lipstick and after rambling with the foundation and eye shadow for what seems like forever, I manage to make myself look presentable. I put my hair into a French braid and walk out to find Jaijeet in a black kurta with floral designs (oh no). My mom comes out in a red modern sari.

Avu: How do I look?

Mother: AMAZING! The bride will be totally jealous!

Jai: What about me?

Mother: oh... you...Do I know you, sir? (ignores his distress and heads towards the door)

Jai: (to avu) What's wrong with what I'm wearing?!

Avu: (holding a laugh) You're wearing black! To a wedding!

Jai: so?

Avu: DON"T YOU KNOW THIS FAMILY RULE! NEVER WEAR BLACK TO ANY CELEBRATION EXCEPT A FUNERAL!

Jai: (going pale) I should change. (Hurries over to the closet)

I walk over to the car and gently place myself in, smiling at my dad who showers mom and I with complements.

Mother: (to Avu's dad) let's go, Meeta was such an amazing friend back at school and finally she's back in Mumbai! There is soooo much we need to catch up on!

(my dad smiles at her happiness and starts to drive)

Today is gonna be one exciting day! I stare at the window as the trees and houses pass by and dream of all the amazing things that I'm gonna eat at the wedding.

We're about 5 minutes away from the destination when an off feeling hits me... as if we're forgetting something important.

But what could it be?!

I check all the presents in the dicci, especially the one in golden wrapping which I had packed. They're all there. But something still feels missing!

I decide to ignore the feeling as we finally reach the extremely decorated and loud celebrations. The buzz is the air, the music and dancing with kids running around everywhere... what could possibly make a wedding any better- THE FOOD!

I spot the pakoras already being handed out and practically fly towards the stand.

I know, it's kinda rude to start eating before even meeting the couple, but I'm sure they can wait!

I'm just about to get one of those crispy tasty pakodas in my hand when I bump into some idiot on the way.

I look up at who I bumped into, a boy who looks my age, good looking and all, wearing a saffron kurta with gold flowers and three to four malas around his neck. This must be the groom!

A fake smile blossoms all over my face (cuz you're supposed to smile right?) and I hand him the present.

Avu: You must be the groom! Congratulations, how lucky you are to get married to such a beautiful wife. (I didn't even see the bride yet) You look absolutely amazing!

Boy: um...er...I'm single, but thanks?

Single? What?!

A man and woman walk towards us, they're both probably older than me. The woman holds a huge bouquet of flowers in one hand and the man's hand in another. Both of them glow with happiness and are dressed in the most exaggerated way possible.

This must be the couple! Then who the hell is this boy?!

Ugh!

I take the gift back from the boy as the couple walk over.

Bride: Hi! You must be...-

Avu: Avneet Kaur...

Bride: (showing recognition) Ohh, you must be the daughter of Sonya!

Avu: yep, that's me! (giving her a hug and shaking the groom's hand)

Avu: Congratulations oh you wedding! You guys look like an amazing couple! (squealing) I already ship it!

(They both laugh)

Groom: (Looking at the boy) were you guys saying something?

Avu: (looking at the boy) no. Never met him before, just some confusion.

Bride: oh, that's fine. (to the boy) Siddharth, why don't you go and welcome some more guests?

(So this fellow's name is Siddharth, must be some relative)

I look over at the pakodas that seem to be vanishing quickly. I think the groom notices.

Groom: I think we should dismiss Avneet to wherever she was going.

(I smile and run towards the pakodas as they talk to some more guests)

I grab a plate and the bartender plops some pakodas on it and gives me the nazar before I can possibly ask for more.

Servers these days! So kanjoos!

After a few more pakodas, that feeling comes back to me. Something is missing!

I walk around trying to find something to do but eventually end up lonely. I usually amn't lonely... WAIT! THAT's cuz I'm usually WITH JAIJEET!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vomment!

I simply couldn't not write this chapter.

I think this book may be like TRGC (the writing style)😌

Something tells me we're all gonna love this book!

Until I write again,

<--Sidneetography-->