"Will either of you be speaking at tonight's event?"

Jacob seemed very tense so Kevin impulsively grabbed his hand, hoping to reassure him. Funny because he might need it more than him.

Even when they broke through the gate, the flood of questions seemed to never stop.

He guided his boyfriend through the chaos and into the venue to sit beside his parents and Hyunjoon, who greeted both of them formally.

Not too long afterwards, it started. Kevin's father gave an opening speech, talking about his company and what they've accomplished up til now. 'Kade Moon Co.' Praised for it's progressive style of clothing and the significant mark on the fashion industry.

Time seemed to move too fast. Kevin couldn't keep up. Employees went up and down from the clear podium as they spoke about their experiences at the company.

Before he knew it, his mother was up at the podium talking about her own company. She spoke about all of her corporation's accomplishments over the years. 'Carolyn.' A world renowned jewelry company that was recognized for its beautiful, original and high quality pieces catered to every customer.

That only reminded Kevin of the ring in his pocket. Holy shit he was so fucking scared.

He was trying his best to stay calm. He didn't want to pass out when the time came.

Before he knew it, every employee from his mother's business that was asked to speak had already spoken. It was now time for his parents to announce him as their successor. After that, he was next.

The pair walked up together, hand in hand and stood by the podium. They had the brightest smiles on their faces.

His father started, "Today, many things have been said by us and comrades but the announcement has to be made."

"As you know, we are both handing over our beloved businesses to a successor and stepping down from our position as CEO today," his mother's smile blinded nearly everyone.

"We are excited to announce that we are both handing our businesses to the same person. 'Kade Moon Co.' and 'Carolyn' will be joined together as one company."

Abnoxious whispers sounded through the crowd. Everyone was excited for what was about to come.

His anxiety skyrocketed as his parents turned towards him and his mother said, "That successor is none other than... our son, Kevin Moon. Please, give your warmest welcome to the new CEO of 'Moonlight.'"

Hyunjoon whispered a 'good luck hyung' under his breath and Jacob gave him pat on his shoulder as he stood up.

He walked up to the podium and recieved a warm hug from his parents. They both gave him a quick wish of success before they returned to their seats.

Kevin scanned the crowd of business owners, employees and reporters. He looked at every camera that was capturing the event. Every movement he made was being watched live by people across the world. No pressure....

He took a deep breath before speaking.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen and everyone who identifies as somewhere in between, my name is Kevin Moon and I'm the oldest son of Kade and Carolyn Moon. I am pleased to accept inheritance over their businesses and merge them as one."