Chapter 1

A/N: This story idea just popped into my head late last night and I had to start getting it down. So... I apologize if the first chapter is boring because it was necessary to fit in a little bit of personality and background info in here. As always, please let me know what you think, good OR bad! Thanks! :)

~Kelly

Chapter 1

Saying goodbye had never been hard for me. In fact, I usually welcomed goodbyes. I was a runner. Afraid of commitment? No. Afraid and unwanting are in two completely different ball parks.

I was never one to stay in the same place long. I got bored with the same mundane routines. I liked to cut ties while I could - while they were still fairly fresh. This way, when I eventually left, it would be easier for everyone.

"Final boarding call for flight 673 to Paris, France."

Last chance to back out. If I did, I knew I would be welcomed back with open arms and no questions asked. But I couldn't. I needed this. It was time. Besides, he had known. I had given him fair warning.

I stood up from the black leather seat in the terminal and gathered my two carry-on bags before making my way to the departure counter.

"I'm sorry miss, but those won't fit."

I looked up from searching through my bag for my I.D. I was always told this. My bags may be overstuffed, but they always fit.

"I can assure you they're fine," I said, offering a smile. "I fly like this all the time.

The flight attendant raised an eyebrow. "Clearly not on this airline."

I sighed. This is the only airline I flew when leaving the country. Which, considering how often I moved around, was frequently.

"Where is your sizing requirements model?"

"My, my what?" She asked clearly confused.

"You know the metal basket where you can place your carry-on bag in and see if it fits? Where is it?" I huffed. I knew I should be a little more polite, but she was getting on my nerves. All I wanted was to settle into my eight hour flight and sleep, leaving the past behind me, 3,600 miles away.

But the flight attendant wouldn't allow that.

"We don't have one in this terminal, sorry," She responded. By looking at her, no one would be able to guess she was sorry. In fact, her lips were quivering as if trying to hide a smile. This girl was seriously smirking at me? This girl with the purple eye shadow all the way up to her eyebrows and ruby red lipstick plastered to her lips? This clown was smirking at me?

"Okay, listen here Madge," I said leaning forward and reading the print on her name tag. "I am not missing this flight. These bags will fit whether you believe it or not. I'm getting on that flight. Sizing model or not."

"Your bags won't fit with or without the sizing model. So why don't you just come back when you've checked your bags?" She smiled sweetly.

She was seriously irritating me. All I could hope is that she wouldn't be the one attending to me on the flight. She'd probably loosen the overhead compartment just to prove my bags didn't fit.

I looked around the terminal for the model. Everyone else had either gotten on my flight or another and the room had mostly cleared out. All that was left in section D was a mother frantically trying to pick up Cheerio's that her two year-old daughter was continuously dumping on the floor. You think by now the mom would realize it was a bad idea to give the now contaminated Cheerio's back to her daughter. It truly astounded me how some people had no common sense.

Anywhere But Here (Revising - On Hold)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara