(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟑) back to ben

Mulai dari awal

"Whatever you say Rena" Ron nodded, "I didn't want to spend all my holidays in the library anyway"

"The library?" Athena raised her eyebrows, "that's your tactic?"

"That's Hermione's tactic" Ron grumbled, "of course she isn't helping, gone home for Christmas"

"Yes well I hope you at least both learn something while you're at it, behave!"

"Yes Rena" the two boys called as she stood up and walked out of the hall just as Ron won the game of chess.

Athena strode down the path out of the school and into the village surrounded by swirling flakes of snow. It made her feel even more festive as she watched the specks dance around her like small glowing lights.

She kept her bag tight in hand as she paced over the cobbles. Many students were heading to Hogsmeade station to catch the train led by Hagrid whose huge lantern could be seen even through the snow. They rode in carriages just like up to the school but Athena preferred to walk.

Athena wasn't catching the train anyway, she found it much easier to apperate and a lot quicker too. Once she'd past the sign that told her she was free to apperate, Athena turned on her heel and vanished from the crowds of people doing last minute Christmas shopping.

She landed in a Manchester backstreet, not just any Manchester backstreet however but the one directly behind the house belonging to Ben. Athena walked from the backstreet to the fronts of the houses which were covered in a pretty layer of snow.

Finding number six, she knocked abruptly on the door and stood back waiting. As she did this, Athena continued to watch the snow swirl around her as though she was in a fantasy novel. It looked so ethereal that she almost forgot that she was simply standing in Manchester. Athena loved snow.

The door opened and Athena turned to see Ben standing in a large burgundy jumper and jeans. He darted forwards upon seeing her and threw his arms around her waist, picking her up and spinning her around so fast that she felt dizzy.

"You're here!" He beamed as he placed her back down where he had to place his hands in the sides of her forearms to stop her from stumbling.

"Of course I am, did you think I wasn't coming?" Athena laughed,

"No it's just... I can't believe you're here, I've been waiting for this day since September"

"You're too sweet" Athena smirked as she picked her bag back up and stepped into the house. He had a pine tree candle lit in the porch which made the house feel festive and welcoming.

"How are you?" Ben asked as he took her bag off her and led her into the living room.

"I'm good" Athena replied, "glad to get away for a bit of course, glad to see you"

She took her coat off from her shoulders and laid it on one of the sofas as she felt Ben wrap his arms around her again. Athena leant against him and felt even more glad of her presence. He smelt just like the candle, it must have been burning all day.

Ben made her feel like she was nineteen again. Sometimes, Athena forgot that she'd grown up. It had all happened so fast, she'd been forced to mature when the war started and then the years had just flown past her.