4 - Arrogant Git

~ Abigail pov

I pretty much zoned out for the rest of the pairing. Finally everyone had a pair, some were happy with their and some were not. I was in the middle. Partly on the sad part that I got paired up with a person I didn't know much about.

Professor Mcgonagall took a deep breath before continuing, "All your rooms will be located in the seventh floor, their will be a common room that will be shared with your pair, and other 3 pairs. When I call out the names, please come and get your keys and then you may go."

This is absolutely crazy. She started calling out names.

"The Potter's"

Chris nudged me and that's when I realized that was my queue. I forgot that now my last name would be Potter. Abigail Potter. Abby Potter.

I stood up and speed walked to the front so that I don't keep Professor Mcgonagall waiting. I got the keys and when I turned around Potter was there. I ignored him and went to my friends. I hugged Chris and Sofia and waved Emma who was still sitting in the Slytherin table. I also waved Alice who was sitting in the Ravenclaw table.

I got out of the great hall and started walking when I heard footsteps behind me. After a few moments, I turned around to see Potter walking behind me with his head down. Oh, this is going to be awkward.

I finally reached our common room. There was a portrait which had a elderly woman in it. I am guessing the portrait leads to our common room. As I was about to open the portrait, I noticed a paper sticked to the wall.

                  Common room pairings

Harry and Abigail Potter

Christopher and Ginerva Cooper

Ronald and Hermione Weasley

Blaise and Sofia Zabini

That is what was written on the paper. I turned around after reading it to see Potter was reading it too. I stepped away from the paper and decided to wait for the others to come. I was very happy that my two best friends were with me in the common room and I was also happy that Hermione was as well. We could catch up on everything and I miss doing study sessions with her.

I saw all three pairings coming up to us from the stairs. When they finally reached, Hermione spoke up.

"Professor Mcgonagall said the password is 'Gillyweed' " She said.

I looked around and since I was the closest to the potrait, I said the password. I walked inside followed by Potter and the others. The common room was warm and pretty good. The Hufflepuff common room was a bit more cozy but this felt welcoming enough. I just hope I still will be able to return there.

There were two sets of stairs. One on the right and one on the left. There was a sign saying the left side of stairs are for the Cooper's and Potter's and that the right side of stairs were for the Weasley's and Zabini's.

I walked up the left side of stairs with Chris on my side and when we finally reached the top, I saw that there were two rooms side to side. One room said 'The Potter's" I still have to get used to that, and the other said, 'The Cooper's'. I looked at Chris and he looked at me, us both having nervous faces. I hugged him tight unaware of the fact that Potter was behind me, watching. I said goodbye to him and turned around to see Potter awkwardly standing with his head down. I sighed and took out the keys. I unlocked the door and walked in first. I assumed Potter walked in after me.

Right when you walk in there are hooks on the left side of the wall and when you walk in a bit more there is a small kitchen on the right. If you walk in more on the right there is a small 2 person dining table. In front of that there is a cozy living room with 1 small couch for one person and another one a bit bigger for 2 people. On the left side of the living room was a door. Potter was looking at the kitchen so I decided to check out what's behind the door. I thought there would be 2 beds for each of us but boy, was I wrong.