"Dragon, it was a joke..."

I lifted my eyes warily, fixing them on the pirate. He was giving me a funny look, whatever he was thinking was lost on his face.

"Don't you have jokes where you come from?"

I dropped my gaze once again, locking my shackles in my sights, they were chafing my wrists. The fabric wedges between the metal and my skin must have come loose when I had been running earlier.

"Yes"

Whitebeard shoved a piece of meat in his mouth, chewing it aggressively. He looked pretty annoyed about something.

I was being polite and I answered his question what else did want from me? I had done literally nothing to offend the man or to even irritate him.

What was his problem?

"Are those hurting?"

He pointed down at me, I wasn't sure where to though.

"Uh?"

I wrinkled my forehead slightly in confusion. What was hurting?

"Those handcuffs what else?"

Oh. I gazed down at my hands; the chains rattled as I moved my shoulders.

"Why?"

The pirate captain sighed, he sounded even more vexed than before.

"Well for one you keep staring at them, two every time you move your arms you wince. Need I go on?"

"It's not your problem, why do you care?"

Whitebeard groaned loudly, putting his face rather forcefully into his hands making a slapping sound.

"Ahhhuk! You're such frustrating kid!"

The Yonko grabbed the bottle of sake next to him and chugged the whole thing. He was looking extremely disgruntled; it was making me want to leave even more.

I started to get up. It was decided I was going to get Luffy, screw this punishment stuff, I was going drag him back to the cabin and lock the door, barricade it for good measure.

"Sorry, look I'll leav-"

"Sit down, I'm talking to you!"

I was interrupted by a very pissed off Yonko, I sat my ass back down obediently, this was turning into a nightmare! Maybe I should just shut up, if he asks something just answer with the most likely thing he wants to hear.

"I'm not angry at you! I'm just frustrated with your outlook on life..."

I didn't understand anything he was going on about, not angry at me but- what my outlook was...

What is he-

I don't get it!

"Wh-

"Don't ask 'why', I know that's what you're going to say... It bothers me alright. It bothers me because I'm stupid soft old fool, who gives a damn..."

I went silent, that was not what I was expecting.

"Why do you care?"

"Weren't you li-"

"I'm Garp's son... Nobody sees me, I'm just his son"

The bitterness in my voice was so strong that it was like I had eaten a whole batch of coffee beans.

"That hardly matters-"

I cut him off, the flood gate was suddenly in the back of my throat, all those painful emotions were ramming against it. This was why I never thought about it, but something this man had said made me snap.