the injured male shushed him, "you don't have to tell me. it'll remind you more. don't want you having another nightmare, do we?"

the older shook his head aggressively, "but sungchan, on a serious note, i'm so sorry."

the affairs officer expected him to say this again, but he was extremely understanding because he knew the other felt like he didn't do anything and most especially his first time using a gun on somebody. he hoped shotaro could see things from his perspective. 

"taro, on a serious note," he copied his words, "i'm not angry or what. more than anything, i'm thankful that you were able to take down those guys before they could shoot more bullets." he removed his hand from the male's grasp and used it to make shotaro look at him, "thank you for saving me back there." should i say it now? nah, not the right timing. 

"i really feel like he's up to no good," renjun's fingers tapping across the chair's arm, "we've checked his records and it shows he's a good kid, but i really do feel like something's up."

"then we try his parents" the older spun to face the irritated male, "we haven't checked their background, have we?"

the chinese nodded, "but doesn't this feel so wrong? we didn't do this to other members when they joined. i recently got used to him but..."

"well, you're the one here with trust issues," hansol replied with a shrug, "you were the one thinking of something."

"but there is really got to be something," the smaller stood up and went to the hacker's side. renjun went out to talk to hansol after the mission, noticing the tension between him and the newbie. the older replied that they probably weren't used to each other yet but it made all the more suspicious resulting to the two of them going to taeil's office to perform a background check on the younger japanese. 

"so we checking the parents now, right?" the hacker confirmed. while scrolling it made him quite guilty to do such thing on a guy who is already a member, "does taeyong know about this."

"he doesn't have to," hansol replied, secretly hiding a smile. he has already led renjun to something he also knew about the questionable male.

"shit, we got something."