"Oh?"

"Yeah." Beau grinned at me, "Would you be up for joining me to watch the sunrise tomorrow morning?"

I giggled and slipped my arm around the crook of his elbow, "I'd love that. What's the occasion? Second dates are starting up?"

Beau shook his head, "I just felt like spending sometime with you. And I've heard the rumors that that's how you spend your mornings."

I shrugged, "Guilty. I do love watching my sunrises."

"And that's all you do?" By golly, Beau was smirking at me.

I laughed, "I don't have to reveal all of my secrets just yet, sir. You'll have to find out tomorrow morning."

Beau didn't respond but a quick look up at his face told me that he was smiling.

I liked making Beau smile. He didn't smile enough and he looked even more handsome when smiling.

It was one of my favorite things to do. Make people smile, cheer them up. It was something so small but I knew that people often carried a lot.

I couldn't imagine carrying what Beau was and anytime I thought about it, I just became more determined to make him smile.

We continued walking. And for the life of me, I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to be going. And Beau didn't seem to be concerned with a destination.

And that was okay. It was nice to just walk. It reminded me of my favorite children's book illustration. The one of Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin walking through the Hundred Acre Wood.

It was a beautiful picture. I had tried many times to recreated it but it I never got it quite right. Maybe a part of me didn't want to recreate it. It could be the perfect scene and I was okay with that.

I had never felt like my art was super amazing. It was good but nothing like Ernest H. Shepard, the illustrator who did the Winnie the Pooh book. His work was beautiful.

"I guess I should get to my next meeting." Beau eventually spoke, taking me out of my musings.

I glanced up at him again, "I guess."

He smiled and then stopped walking. I pulled my arm away from his and watched him softly. He looked a little tired. This all had to be exhausting but he carried on so well.

He said something to me but I didn't hear his words. And when he turned away to leave, I reached out and grabbed his hand, "Beau?"

He shifts so he's facing me, "Yeah?"

"I don't know if someone has told you recently, and I don't know if this is weird coming from me," his face was open and kind, "But I believe in you. You're gonna be a great King."

His eyes softened, "Thanks, Rowan."

""It makes such a difference to have someone believe in you."" I quoted, my voice soft.

He squeezed my hand, "I'll see you tomorrow, Rowan."

"Tomorrow, Beau."

🌻 🖤 🌻 🖤 🌻 🖤 🌻

JUNE 13TH

5:24 AM

I was going to watch the sunrise with a sleepy teddy bear.

A tall, sweatshirt wearing, snack carrying, teddy bear.

I smiled as Beau rubbed his eyes again. I could barely see him in the dawn light. But I could tell he wasn't a morning person.

It was sweet that he was making this effort. We could have hung out some other time but he picked a time that I liked.