(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟕) alina peters

Start from the beginning

Athena often wondered whether she would prefer teaching this subject on her own. She wasn't sure how Aurora managed to stay busy all of the time considering that they had half the amount of work as any other teacher.

She supposed that Aurora had a bit more work as she was the one who took the exam level students. Athena sometimes wished that she could do this until she remembered the stress of her own exams, she wouldn't want to feel responsible for any students failing even if it wouldn't be her fault.

Barely any students failed under Aurora's teaching even if they didn't pay attention. That was probably because she was strict and set a lot of homework but if it worked, it worked and there was no denying that.

☽☽☽

On the Wednesday of the third week, Athena found herself walking towards the astronomy tower for something to do. She spent a lot of her time then when she was bored. It was quiet and allowed her a space to read and think to herself.

She pushed the door open into the tower and immediately heard the sound of someone crying. Athena froze, she didn't want to interrupt anything however she had the door open now and couldn't really go back.

As she poked her head round the corner she saw a small girl with her knees pulled up to her chest, red hair covering her expression as she placed her head onto her knees.

Athena walked forward cautiously, not wanting to startle the crying girl.

"Sorry I—" Athena began however her voice made the girl jump, she looked up through glassy eyes full of tears.

It was Alina Peters, Athena recognised her now,

"Sorry I didn't mean to disturb you... I can go unless you want someone to talk to"

"It's ok" Alina replied as she wiped some tears away from her face, "I didn't think people came up here in the day"

"More than you think" Athena nodded as she sat herself down near the girl, "Alina right?"

"yeah" Alina replied,

"That's a nice name, I like it" Athena smiled,

"You're called Aurora aren't you?"

"Oh no that's my sister" Athena corrected, "I'm Athena"

"Oh... you and your sister look similar" Alina smiled lightly and Athena forced a smile deciding not to tell her sister this. Of course her sister was beautiful but Athena always tried to be different from her.

"Yeah my sister doesn't teach the younger years" Athena continued for something to say, "I teach you, don't I? You're in Hufflepuff"

Athena already knew the answer to her question but the girl seemed glad to keep talking so she nodded.

"Do you like it, astronomy?"

"It's ok" Alina replied, "it's not my favourite subject... sorry"

"Oh you don't have to be sorry" Athena laughed, "you're allowed to have a preference, what is your favourite subject?"

"Charms" Alina smiled, "that's probably because I'm good at it"

"Yes I always loved charms" Athena agreed, "it's rather fun, isn't it?"