Track #3: Hello Bitches - CL

Start from the beginning

"Oh yes, I do remember it being odd that a new kid was starting near the end of the school year," the secretary murmured to herself, sorting through a pile of documents on her desk before coming across one that had a pink sticky note on it. She took the sticky note off and extended the sheet towards him. "This'll be your homeroom number and the class you're in, do you understand how the Japanese school system works?" She interrupted herself and Renjun let out a sigh.

"Yes, I've lived here for a little over a year," he said in response and she looked a bit surprised, just nodding along despite his Chinese surname which pointed otherwise.

"Ah well then I'm sure you're well acquainted with where the lockers are and all of that, make sure you head to the shoe space before heading up to your class but, oh," the secretary laughed nervously and waved her hand in the air, "You know that of course sorry just a rambling habit. If you have any questions feel free to ask."

"Thank you ma'am," Renjun said, making his way out of the building before glancing down at the paper in his hands. Building 3, Class 3-c, locker 474.

"Going with the structure," Renjun muttered to himself as he began his way towards the building on the right directly across from him, "I'd say that's Building 3." The bell rang across the courtyard from the speaker system and Renjun's eyebrows shot up as he glanced down at the watch on his wrist.

A slew of curses slid out of his mouth as he jogged over to the building, finding himself sliding through the glass doors that led to the shoe room. He looked left and right, quickly trying to find his locker number. After a moment or two he furiously opened it taking out the newly issues school shoes from inside the locker and shoving his outside shoes into the locker.

He adjusted his jacket as he ran up the stairs, trying to get to the third floor as fast as he could. There was no way he could really fix his appearance though and he felt his chest tighten in nervous anticipation as he caught sight of a teacher standing outside of the classroom ahead of him.

"I'm guessing you're our new student Mr. Huang Renjun?" the teacher crossed his arms as Renjun came to a stop in front of him, nodding his head in confirmation as he tried to stop his chest from heaving up and down. "I won't stand for any messing around in my class Mr. Huang, especially after what happened in your last school."

"Yes...sir...," Renjun breathed out in-between ragged breaths, the teacher looking over him with a scrutinizing and highly disappointed stare.

"I don't know how you managed to finagle your way into this school, but I won't have you bringing my class' average down, keep yourself on my good side," the teacher finished and opened the door, beckoning Renjun to follow him in.

How am I supposed to keep myself on your good side if I'm already on your bad side? Renjun wondered bitterly to himself, already feeling his mood dropping and his nerves spiking at the very unwelcoming warning.

As soon as he walked into the classroom, Renjun wanted to leave. Every students eyes peered up at him from their assigned seats, whispered quietly echoing as he walked to the front of the classroom.

"Everyone listen up," the teacher commanded and the scarce whispers abruptly cut off, "We have a new student joining us today. Introduce yourself." He ordered and Renjun grit his teeth at the condescending tone of voice, trying his best not to spit attitude back towards the teacher.

Instead, he rolled his eyes, shoving his hands into his pockets as he cleared his throat. "Huang Renjun."

A couple of snickers sounded and Renjun tried to ignore the satisfactory smile that threatened to break out upon hearing the exasperated sigh from the teacher. He wasn't going to be here for long, so there was actually no point in sucking up to the teacher. It was like the secretary had said, it was almost the end of the school year. All they had left were an assortment of festivals and final exams. Then summer, and then Renjun was off to university if he so desired.

"Sit down at the desk in the back," the teacher said plainly, Renjun nodded and walking down an isle to sit in the very back corner of the class, right next to the window. He slid his bag next to his seat, not yet given ample time to hang his bag at the back or put his books in his desk.

As the teacher began his lesson, starting the day with mathematics for some reason, Renjun bend down and pulled a fidget cube from his bag. It was 4x4 and shaped like a Rubik Cube, but it moved and could form different shapes. It was essential for Renjun to have something in his hands in order to pay attention. 

"Mr. Lee, would you like to come up to the board to solve the problem?" The teacher called out and Renjun tuned back in to the lesson, glancing at the boy who stood up before looking at the board. It looked like they were doing U Substitution and Renjun let out a soft scoff, already having done this unit in his last math class.

His fingers turned and twisted the cube in hand, his eyes glazing over as he watching the back of the student, the boy carefully completing the problem on the board with a dusty piece of chalk. Watching the crumbs of the chalk shower down from where it made contact with the board, Renjun's brows furrowed.

The boy had completed a step wrong.

"It's U to the sixth, not the fifth," Renjun voice rang clearly through the classroom, everyone's eyes turning towards him as he shrugged gesturing towards the board with the fidget cube in hand. "What, he made a mistake, I just corrected him."

"Mr. Huang I'm not sure how things went in your old school but that's not how things work here, you're arrogant attitude will not stand in this classroom, don't make me warn you again," the teacher scolded, pointing for the boy at the board to continue. With an extremely red face, the boy turned back towards the board, his fingers clenching tighter around the writing utensil.

More whispers circulated and Renjun looked down at the cube that he was fiddling with, letting out a deep sigh. It was going to be hard surviving in this school.

__________________________