Part 12: Mantis and Spider

Start from the beginning

"Most likely," the Mantis who had remained silent up until now spoke, "He will try to follow the same path our traitorous brother took. Finding a source of strength that will lead to his inevitable downfall.
I believe I have discovered who this 'Regal' is."

"Who?" Asked the Shrumal Warrior, "If we can learn his name then perhaps we stand a chance at proving his weakness."

"His name is Tritaron. Named for a powerful Higher Being that his tribe supposedly worshipped before it killed most of them and drove the rest out of their lands." The Mantis tells them, "He told us his mother named him in hope he would slay the terrible Beast. Remember sisters, when he challenged us."

"Who knew such a loss would damage his pride badly enough that he would attempt to destroy a Higher Being." Her sister shakes her head.

"Perhaps he shouldn't try to kill the one who has the gifts of the ancient ones." Gildery laughs.

"That creature of void could destroy all the lands if she was commanded to by the dark one." Hesmie giggles.

"Vessel is a strange being. But also rather blind to solution." Beth sighs.

"Perhaps that's the reason she fails to understand that the best way to destroy the rebellion is to kill its leader." A Mantis Lord laughs.

"I have actually been trying to discover where he hides when he is not with his followers." Ellie nods.

"I suppose that her King told you to do that." The Shrumal Warrior laughs, "That fellow will probably be the reason she doesn't die to her own stupidity. He seems to know of everything, like if they were some sort of wyrm themself!"

"He really does." A Mantis Lord nods in agreement, "As if their powers go beyond the normal understanding of the mind. I'm not sure if I'd call them a wyrm, considering they seemed to think of the world as a wondrous place full of peculiarities rather than a place to rule and control. But they are definitely not a normal vessel."

"Well, they are a combination of two vessels, merged into the same body by a means that you really must know the properties of Void to understand." Beth says, "Since Vessel is the reason my kingdom is no longer is shambles we have spoken quite a bit on the occasions I've seen her."

"Well then, could you do us all a favor?" The Shrumal Warrior laughs.

"Yes?" Beth asks.

"Since your Hive functions on the same principle as my Fungal Core, all your soldiers are connected and know of your thoughts and feelings now that you're their queen." The mushroom continues.

Beth nods, "Well, it's not quite like that, but it follows the same principle."

"Station a little scout with all of us to tell us of what you learn of this threat. Undoubtedly, your friend there knows the most about him out of those of us here."

The mantis and arachnids look at the fungal creature in amazement, as if they hadn't expected something so logical from them by them being there .

"I could do that, yes." Beth nods, "I will ensure to instruction them to remain as out of your affairs as possible and act only as a messenger."

"If we have more to say or all of us require something of Hallownest, we will dictate to your scout what you must write to their rulers, and you can send our words with that of your spy." One of the Mantis Lords nods.

"But I believe we shall write something to them while we are here now." Gildery says, "Perhaps to encourage the rulers of Hallownest to destroy this threat, and provide them with what it is we have learned."