(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏) somewhere in manchester

Börja om från början

Ben wasn't like anyone she'd ever known. For one main reason, Ben was a muggle. It was refreshing to talk to someone who's past hadn't been riddled with shadows of war.

Ben was two years older than her, he'd been in Italy writing his next book which was a tale of Ancient Greece and mythology. As Athena taught astronomy, the two of them connected immediately. Of course Athena couldn't tell him the full truth of her life but she could tell him enough.

She never lied. She just didn't tell the whole truth. Ben knew that she was a teaching at a fancy Scottish boarding school, he just didn't know that this school happened to be magic.

It turns out that Athena was a very easy person to fall in love with. Ben fell for her almost instantly and ended up basing his main character off of her. Athena couldn't deny that Ben was great, he was nice, funny and not hard to deal with.

At first she'd felt bad, she'd felt as though she was doing something wrong. At this time it had been five years since Remus left and she wasn't doing better, she just wasn't doing worse either.

She supposed that Ben helped her move on, he showed her that she did have a chance at new life even if she hadn't realised it. He gave her hope that love didn't always have to be such a sour topic for her.

He wasn't Remus and he'd never be Remus but Athena had to accept that he was gone and he wasn't coming back. If Athena never moved on she'd be sat at age sixty in her house with many cats crying over a love that ended a long time ago. She didn't want to be that woman.

She was still young and still incredibly beautiful. In fact Athena had barely aged at all, everyone said it. She still looked youthful with smooth skin and shining hair. Maybe that's why Ben was so head over heels for her.

They hadn't rushed into anything. Ben lived in Manchester which is why Athena spent so much time there. She left Hogwarts at Christmas and Easter and at weekends she'd apperate to a muggle phone and call him for as long as she could.

Of course Athena could have easily apperated to him whenever she wanted but that would raise some questions of how she travelled so far in such a quick time. Occasionally Athena would be able to come up with excuses but she couldn't do this every weekend no matter how much she wanted to see him.

Ben didn't mind the distance because he would do anything to be with her. Athena had realised a long time ago that he was more in love with her than she was with him however she had come to accept that. He wasn't aware of this so why did it matter anyway?

Usually summer was an incredibly hard time because it was a painful tear away from everything so sweet. Athena loved spending time with him and since summer was so long, she'd grow used to being by his side.

However today was different. Today was different because 1991 had been the year that she was waiting for. 1991 was the year that Harry would come to Hogwarts.

Of course he hadn't met her, Athena had spent five years of brutal tears and begs for Dumbledore to let her see him but his answer was always the same. She loathed Dumbledore more than she could place into words however eventually she'd come to accept that Harry was stuck and she couldn't reach him no matter how hard she tried.

She'd spent a lot of time trying to get Sirius out of prison too. Her mind was always occupied with the idea of him being alone in Azkaban. However Athena was smart and she knew when to give up. It hurt her to think that Sirius probably believed that she had left him willingly when that was not the case. However there was nothing she could do about it.

In the summer, Athena spent her days as a muggle. This was how it would stay. She didn't keep up to date with news, she left her wand at home and she'd pretend to be a completely different version of herself.