Chapter 23: Snake in the grass

Start from the beginning

"What's this ab-" he started but I cut him off.

"You want Liv back, right?" I asked quietly.

"Well yeah, I mean I-I..."

"Okay good! Because I want Nikki back so maybe we can help each other out here" I said as I folded my arms.

He smirked and sat down on the couch, clearing his throat. "I thought you and Liv were friends, don't you want her to be happy?" He asked.

Shiiiit...

"We are and I do! But I mean... she's not happy with him! You and Liv are perfect together and you know, me and Nikki go way back. It just makes sense for you to be with her and..." I started to ramble.

"Relax!" He laughed. "So, tell me... what's your plan you big schemer" he joked.

I smirked and rolled my eyes, thanking god he was on board. I told him my little plan and his mischievous smile gave me my answer for if he was in or not.

"Nikki's outside waiting for Liv. If you distract her and... oh, I don't know... say you're pulling the plug on suing her or whatever... I'll go outside with Nikki and tell him she's not coming because she's with you and then knowing Nikki's temper, he'll probably come in here throwing a couple punches" I said.

He looked at me confused. "So your big plan is to get them to think that they've both 'moved on' with us to try and drive them apart and then I get punched for it?" He asked in a condescending tone.

"You got a better idea?" I snapped.

He scoffed and shook his head. "And what happens when Liv finds out about you and Nikki? You know she's got a bad temper and a short fuse" He shrugged.

"By the time she finds out she's gonna be head over heels in love with you again so she won't care! She still feels something for you otherwise she wouldn't be doing all the crazy shit she's put you through" I said.

We heard the door open and a bunch of muffled voices laughing and shouting.

"It's now or never, you in?" I asked.

"Such a dumb plan but whatever" he sighed as he headed for the door.

I closely followed behind him and saw Liv, Athena and Duff walking down the hall laughing away.

"Hey! Look who I bumped into!" I said in a high pitched voice. I knew it'd make it completely awkward.

"Holy shit! It's David Lee Roth!" Athena exclaimed. She was so annoying and manly, she burped and farted all the time. I had no idea why Duff had the hots for her.

He smiled at her and gave her a hug. "Yeah! It's nice to meet you..."

"Athena. She's called Athena" Liv snapped.

I watched Athena and Duff awkwardly look at each other as Liv glared at David.

"Right... uhhh... Liv, can I talk to you?" He asked.

I bit my nail hoping she'd say yes so my plan would come together.

"That depends, are you gonna sue me again?" She said in a snarky tone.