Chapter Thirty Three

Start from the beginning

My smile grew big when I saw Chris jog through all the cars making his way over to Happy's car.

I stared at Chris's biceps through a tight blue shirt he wore matching it with a backwards hat.

We weren't on the highway. Just in downtown LA.

"Hey Hap."

"Chris! What's up man?"

Happy and Chris shook hands through the window.

"Just came to take my beautiful wife off of your hands..."

Chris looked at me sitting in the backseat and winked.

"She's all yours. We're gonna be in this traffic another hour so."

"You are okay by yourself Happy?" I asked. Feeling bad about ditching him.

Chris walked over to the back of the car and opened the door. Holding his hand out to help me off.

"Yeah Y/n, I'll be okay. You kids have fun."

I squealed and hugged Chris once I got out of the car. He took me by the hand as we walked through all the stopped cars.

What I loved about Chris was his rush for adrenaline which is what made me fall so hard for him in the first place. I didn't know what to expect with him, he could literally ask me to fly to Brazil today, out of the blue—of course I'd say yes.

Or he could pick me up in the middle of the night to go grab burgers—why? Just cause.

I got a glimpse of this side of him when he took me to Disney on our second date! The second date! I just knew he was a keeper. Chris just did what he wanted all the time, no fucks given. Not caring what anyone else had to say.

My heart beat faster as I thought about what he had planned for today.

"How did you know exactly where I was?" I said walking hand in hand with Chris. Down the street.

"Mmm. That's not important doll. What's important is that you're here with me now.."

Chris walked me into an alley and roughly pulled me against him.

"C'mere.."

His voice husked—he looked into my eyes and then my lips. Chris just made me feel things that no one else could. His kisses were soft and with so much meaning, they didn't feel rushed.

We turned our heads in order to get the most out of each other. Chris gently gripped my jaw, deepening the kiss.

I pulled away for air, meeting Chris's blue eyes that were watching me.

"Chris can you promise me something?"

"Anything my love.."

"Promise me we won't ever be apart again. I-I can't deal being without you. Not a second more."

I looked down at my shoes, sad and disappointed in everything that's happened.