CONFIDENCE

A lady on the prayer mat wishing desperately for something. It was a whole of 2000 candidates and 40 were to be selected. Finger nails were bitten by the people in waiting area. Usman public school was about to display the list of 40 selected candidates for 4th standard.

“Ammaaa! Give me my tie” on which she replied “no more ties now. Go to school in new uniform”. Yes! I was among those 40 candidates to be part of such huge schooling system even after getting rejected from Humdard Public School for past 2 years. I wasn’t very excited, I had to leave my friends,  my school. I was missing them.

Roll number 20, Faraz Khalid you will be sitting in IQBAL HOUSE. My sports team was changed from chaghi to iqbal but the red color remained constant there as well. There were 40 boys in the class out of 40, amazing na? Not a single girl or a female teacher. Yes it was a Boys school saying Welcome to the new world MR FARAZ

The time passed, I made new friends and wanted to be at the center stage again. It was monthly test results and quite confidently I had already declared my self as position holder before the announcement for top 3 was made.

Daniyal Ayub secured 3rd position with 92%

Daniyal Jawed secured 2nd position with 93%

I was making my self ready to collect the certificate when the announcement was made Ashar Ibrahim secured 1st position with 94%.

“No Food please!” I shouted. I was disrupted, my confidence was shattered. Confidence? No, My ego was shattered. I was feeling as if I had failed badly. My mother was trying to stop me from crying by saying “Royega to aur maarungi”. By such a sweet gesture of mum, I had to stop crying. I eventually did and she explained, work hard and come first in the finals, these are just monthly test.

I worked extremely hard. Leaving the days and nights in my life behind and was finally able to complete the final round of Snow bros. This was the time I realised, exams are just around the corner and it was just the matter of seconds I thought, Do the geniuses study? Lets play sonic.

The over confident me was waiting to be announced as first position holder. 3rd was Daniyal again second was Ashar this time and I, who was 8th in the montly tests had slipped down to nowhere in the class. I secured 71% in 4th standard. Should I die? The question arrived in my mind.