" Sui- Bian"

"This sword has a spirit. Calling it as one pleases is disrespectful. "

Lan Wangji snapped hearing Wei WuXian's words. Wei WuXian just grinned more as he shook his head just like Jiang Cheng had done now. He said.

"Aiyo. Come on, think outside the box, won't you? I wasn't saying you can call it whatever you want, but my sword's name really is 'Suibian'.
Here look. The name is carved into it."

Wei WuXian took a step forward towards Lan Wangji and showed him the carving on the beautiful slender long sword. ' don't come any closer.' Lan Wangji took a step back but his eyes widened slightly seeing the word written in powerful calligraphy.

"You-"

Wei WuXian interrupted Lan Wangji before he could say anything. He waved his free hand in front of Lan Wangji's face while he looked at his own sword, smiling and said.

"You don't need to say anything. I know you definitely want to ask me why it's called this name. "

Seeing Lan Wangji not replying, Wei WuXian told him about how he came up with more than twenty names but did not like any of it. In the end it was named 'whatever'. He smiled at Lan Wangji and said.

"To be honest, this name isn't that bad, right?"

"Ridiculous"

Lan Wangji muttered and turned around from Wei WuXian. Lan Xichen laughed seeing their interaction for some time then turned his attention back to the Lan Disciples.

"Hey, you're a way too boring person. You should have seen my Juijuis reaction. One was shocked to a statue while other was rolling on the ground with laughter. "

'Lan Zhan your reaction is also quite funny. ' Wei WuXian smiled seeing Lan Wangji's attempt to get as far away from him.

Wei WuXian rambled nonstop, near Lan Wangji's ear while laughing. Lan Wangji pretended that he is ignoring Wei WuXian, while he listened attentively to each and every word. Wei WuXian continued.

"Don't you see how fun this name is? It's great at tricking serious ones like you and it works evey single time. Hahahaha"

"More water ghouls are coming!"

A Lan disciples started shouting and they soon turned their attention to catching the water ghouls. Many water ghouls appeared making the water dark. Their boats followed the water ghouls to the center of the lake.

"Lan Zhan do you think they'll see? "

Wei WuXian asked as a wraith butterfly appeared in front of them. Lan Wangji did not respond and Wei WuXian let the butterfly go to scout the area. Both of them then continued cutting down the water ghouls that had come above water.

While cutting down water ghouls with his sword Wei WuXian thought. 'That's strange... This black shadow doesn't look like a human silhouette and it suddenly changes size frequently. '

"Lan Zhan, beside you."

Lan Wangji unsheathed his sword Bichen and sent into the water. Bichen came back up having not pierced anything. Lan Wangji and Wei WuXian looked at the water in confusion. From the other boat Su She shouted.

"Lan-Er-Gongzi, I'll help you. "

Su She also sent his sword into the water just like Lan Wangji did. He called back his sword but it did not come out of the water. Su She panicked and tried again to call back his sword but to no avail. A Lan disciple scolded Su She from the side.

"Su She why did you act on your own and send the sword underwater and lost it? "

Su She looked at Lan Wangji who was still searching the water carefully and sending Bichen to cut all the water ghouls. He turned to the Lan disciple and said.

"Huh? I saw that Lan-Er-Gongzi also sent his sword into water... "

"Can you compare to the Lan-Er-Gongzi? "

The Lan disciple said and some others laughed at his comment. Su She looked at the impassive face of Lan Wangji who is still trying to pierce through the black shadow in the water. He muttered a 'sorry' and continued to use the nets to catch the water ghouls.

Lan Wangji sent Bichen into water again and managed to fish out something from water this time. A pice of ragged black cloth was fished out from the water into the boat between Lan Wangji and Wei WuXian.

"Ah? Ha ha ha hahaha hahaha.
Lan Zhan you are impressive. This my first time seeing someone remove a water ghoul's clothing. "

Seeing Wei WuXian laugh, Lan Wangji stayed silent examining the peice of cloth with the tip of his sword. Jiang Cheng came closer with his boat and yelled at the laughing Wei WuXian.

"You should shut up. The thing that swarm underwater really wasn't a water ghoul. There was out a pice of clothing. "

"A piece of cloth? No wonder nets couldn't catch it and sword couldn't pierce it and its shape kept changing. However a piece of clothing couldn't have swallowed a spiritual sword."

As soon as Wei WuXian said it everyone's attention turned to the water which was becoming more and more darker. The sliver butterfly flew through the fog and landed on Wei WuXian's finger. Seeing this Lan Wangji turned to him.

"There's something in the middle of the lake. "