His Final Moments

Start from the beginning

Finally his eyes rested on that person, the person with a pair of soulful, wearing a headband with cloud patterns on his forehead, the person who was his only friend, the one whom he thought as his soulmate for this life

"Lan Zhan, let go."

He asked Lan Zhan to leave his hand, to let him go but the man refused rather held his hand even tighter not caring about his own bleeding hand. 

He dared to again look at those soulful eyes and what he saw in them once again made him regret his choice, the choice of ending his life. 

What did he see in those eyes, you ask?

He saw pain, agony, sorrow, misery and LOVE. Yes, he saw love, love for himself. Ohh! What a big fool he was to not notice it earlier, the love for him in those soulful golden eyes, when Lan Zhan defended him, stood for him, searched for him, when Lan Zhan asked him to come to Gusu with him. He was so blinded by his self righteousness that he failed to notice the most wonderful thing life had offered him. He failed to decipher the true meaning behind Lan Zhan's actions. He failed to see that apart from his senior sister, there was another person who loved him selflessly. Tonight also Lan Zhan tried to help him, defend him, he fought for him, even got hurt while doing so. But he was so lost in his own misery that he failed to notice it. 

And now, when he finally noticed it, maybe it's already too late. There was no chance of undoing what he already did. He thought his death would solve everything, with him being dead everyone would be at peace. But again how wrong he was! At this moment, looking at the person whom he had thought was his only soulmate, he knew even in his death, he would cause pain to him. He will leave the person he LOVES in misery. 

Yes LOVE. He realized in this moment that not only Lan Zhan loves him, but he also loves him. He loves Lan Zhan, The Second Zade of Gusu but he was too foolish to realize it until this moment. But it's too late now, he doesn't even have the time to confess his love because at that exact moment Jiang Cheng came from behind Lan Zhan holding his Sandu and raised it to stab him. 

He closed his eyes to welcome the pain but it never came. He opened his eyes and what he saw left him horrified. Rather than stabbing him, Jiang Cheng had stabbed the part of the cliff that was under Lan Zhan and his joined hands. The stone seemed like it would give up and fell any moment. He knew the moment that happened, both Lan Zhan and he would fall and he wouldn't let that happen. 

So he forcefully took his hand away from Lan Zhan's grip

So he forcefully took his hand away from Lan Zhan's grip. With one last look at his beloved's face, he closed his eyes with a serene smile on his lips and let himself fall in the dark depths of the dead. The last thing heard was the deep voice of his beloved calling out his name,

"Wei Ying….."

…………

…………... The End………...

P.s: Thanks for reading. Hope you like it.