Chapter 11: Raspy Eyes.

Start from the beginning

Well, Eliese knew Matty was purposely doing this to her. He might be a messy person, but he’s not carelessly messy like he is now. ‘There is no way he’s going to leave his body wash on top of his clothes, not when we’re going on an airplane.’ Eliese thought cheekily as she watched him, her arms tangled over her chest. Matty smirked and glowed with mischief which made Eliese gasp with a flirtatious smile as she shook her head.

“You’re a dick, you know that?” She giggled at him, which made him chuckle and shake his head at her.

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t help myself.” Matty responded to her comment, laughing happily. He set his black tee shirt down and wrapped himself around her in a bone crushing bear hug that made her giggle happily, nestling her face into his chest reassuringly. His scent intoxicated her; she never minded the smell of weed or sweat, or even alcohol. All of those smells mixed with his body wash, body spray and detergent made her shutter in a heavenly high. Eliese tugged herself away from him and sighed after inhaling deeply to get one last dose of her favourite drug. She smiled up at him with blush dusting her cheeks subtly, her eyes bounced between Matty and his suitcase.

“Are you going to clean that up or am I going to have to?” She requested making him burst out laughing. It wasn’t a roaring laugh, but a subtle laugh that let her know he appreciated her cleanliness and kindness.

“I’ll clean it up; you go for a bath or whatever girls do on a Friday night.” He said with a cheeky smile. Eliese giggled and brushed her hair behind her ear with a fading smile that she tried to keep taped on her face but she wasn’t able to.

“I’m actually going to go for a quick run before I go for a bath, ‘kay?” Eliese knew she needed to go for her evening run, she’s been slacking lately and she needs to keep doing her tally of ten miles a day; five in the morning and five in the evening.

Matty chuckled and nodded at her, Eliese went up on her tiptoes to press a kiss against his cheek before she left the room. Eliese was already in her spandex jogging short shorts and tank top, she just needed to lace up her runners, tie her hair up, and plug in her music then away she goes. It took her all of five minutes to do all of that before heading out the front door. Since she’s gone to the police there haven’t been any text messages from her ex-boyfriend, Andrew and that’s left a calming feeling settling inside of her. For a week or so after that she was weary of going out alone, but no more, she wasn’t afraid of him; she didn’t want to be.

The evening sun was melting into the horizon as she kept a steady pace down the street, as soon as she hit the next street over her pace got quicker until she was running at a manageable speed. For the end of January it was pretty warm outside, fifteen degrees out was the high today but it got to be almost twenty-five. That made it really warm. The air was humid and warm, that made her skin wet and sticky with sweat as she jogged down the suburban streets.

Meanwhile Matty was at the house scrolling through anonymous text messages he’s received over the last couple of weeks. He knew it was Andrew, Eliese’s ex-boyfriend. But unlike Eliese Matty was the one to text him first; Matty sent him a text telling him that Eliese was with him now and to back off because nobody wanted trouble.

He scrolled mindlessly as he sat at the end of the bed with his things on the bed behind him. His eyebrows were drawn together seriously as he read the newest message.

6:45: No, our relationship isn’t over until I say it’s over. As far as I know she’s cheating on me with you and if you’re saying she’s your girlfriend then she’s cheating on you with me. Besides, she spent a couple nights with me while you two are “dating”. Can’t you see she’s nothing more than a slut; she’ll never close her legs. Just because she’s in a relationship doesn’t mean she won’t fuck other dudes, just like I know you’ll cheat on her while you’re away.