Remembering that class D lost all their points, other classes started snickering. Our class could only look down in embarrassment.

"I wonder how much this event will change things?"It would probably be worth more than 10 or 20 points. However, it was difficult to imagine that it would change things by 500 or even 1,000 points.

"We're in a tight spot ourselves. If the gap widens any further, we won't be able to catch up."

"I guess we both have to do our best, then."Actually, the ones who had to work especially hard were Horikita,Hirata, and Kushida.

"What do you mean Ayakanouji? Everyone should work hard for the class."Really Ike? I would think anyone, but you could say that.

"Class D has the people I mentioned as leaders. They are supposed to work harder than all of us. It is a responsibility they, themselves took. I do help out sometimes, as you can see. I just do not want to work very hard." My cold rebutal will probably not be received well, but I do not really care. These are my honest thoughts. Aside from Kushida, I helped the other two, so they could lead the class. While it is optimal, that people will not hate me in my own class. I will not kowtow and help them much. If they decide to hate me, I do not care much, as long as they do not mess with what I consider mine and leave me alone, I will not do anything to them. It would still be less bothersome if my plan works.

"At any rate, it doesn't seem like this will get worse." I didn't want to complain, but I felt that something annoying was on the horizon.

"But if we actually did vacation on a tropical island, that would be awesome!"

"I wonder about that..." I said.

"Huh? That idea doesn't make you happy?"Only people who have meaningful friendships can enjoy a vacation to its fullest. There's nothing quite as uncomfortable as traveling without close friends, especially when you're traveling with a group. Just imagining it made me feel like throwing up.

"Do you hate traveling?" Ichinose asked. 

"I don't hate it. I don't think I do, anyway..." While we chatted, I tried to imagine what it would be like. I'd never traveled with a friend before. I had gone to New York with my parents along, long time ago. Not a single millisecond of it had been fun. Just remembering that bitter time wore me out.

"Are you okay Ayanokouji-kun? Can you say what happened? As long as you do not mind ofcourse."Said Shiina. I will not even have to bend the truth here.

"My father had business, that was the only reason we went there. So I could have no fun at all."She looked at me with a sympathetic face. It really was not fun being paraded like that. It is good that no one asked what business it was. It looks like they still respect family privacy. That is good.

"What's the matter?"

"Just recalled something a little bit traumatic." My dry laugher echoed through the hot hallway. No, this wasn't good.If I let my negative aura spread, Ichinose would grow troubled. However, it seemed like my anxieties were unfounded. Ichinose continued talking,seemingly untroubled by my words.

"Hey, I still have some things on my mind. May I ask you some questions?"Ichinose had a radiant presence, though it was different from Kushida's. I could say that she acted without an ulterior motive. Even when talking with a person like me, she put her best foot forward.

"We've been separated into four classes from the start, right? Do you really think they separated us by ability?"

"I understand that it wasn't entirely tied to our exam results. There are people in our class that, based on grades, should have gotten into the top ranks."Horikita, Kouenji, and Yukimura were undoubtedly three people who deserved to be at the top based on their academics alone.