Chapter 2: Kinda Crush Talk

"Hi, Edgar!" Colette screamed in front of Edgar's face.

  "Ah! What the heck?!" Edgar said in shock. “Colette? Why are ya here? You got booted, remember?”

  “Aw, Edgar, you know how much I like brawlers!” Colette said in a sickly-sweet way.

  “Shut it, Colette. You’re weird.” Edgar snapped at her. Colette just merely giggled. Edgar was thinking this: “How did she not melt under that snap? Most people basically cry.” Edgar was then filled with respect for her.

  “Anyways, how’s the gift shop?” Colette then petitly sat on a short, nearby stack of boxes. The boxes, according to the label; were filled with Spike plushies. One of Colette’s favourite brawlers.

  “Uh.. Good? I dunno.” Edgar shrugged with the ends of his black and white scarf, with his gloved hands moving boxes from one place to another.

  “C’mon, Edgar! Gimme more detailss!” Colette said, with an Instax Camera in her hands, printing a photo.

  “Hey, stop taking photos! Ugh, of course you’d do that. You’re the Crazy Colette, after all.” Edgar rolled his eyes. Normally, he’d probably give the person who took a photo without his consent a few quick punches to the face. But this time he didn’t. He didn’t know why. Colette, being a brawler, would probably survive the assault. He was probably acting like a gentleman since she was a girl. Oh well.

  Edgar then decided to make a move. “Colette, if you stop taking pictures, I will tell you what is happening in the gift shop in detail.” 

  Colette considered this. “Hmph, fine.” And Colette put her camera away.

  Edgar then sat down on a short, nearby stack of boxes. This time, the boxes were filled with Max Energy shirts; with his left leg on the box where he was sitting, to act cool.

  “So y’know Sasha, the cashier who replaced you?” Colette then sat in a defensive way and hissed. “I hate that brat! She doesn’t even deserve the position!” Edgar drew back a bit with wide eyes. He never knew that Colette hated Sasha a lot.

  “Ok, continuing that, she’s so damn bossy. She always makes me something I don’t like.” “Don’t you like nothing, Edgar?” Colette questioned.

  “I like rock. It’s kinda obvious, I guess” Edgar then did the sign of the horns.

  “Oh yeah.” Colette said. “I like Spike! Piper too- they’re my favourites.”

  “‘Kay. If ya have a tier list, where I’m at? Rock bottom?” Edgar asked.

  “Well, I’ve never interacted with any of them, but they seem nice. You’re the only brawler except for the other employee that I’ve interacted constantly with. And you seem like a pretty cool guy. Top 20, place undetermined.”

  “Heh. Low-key awesome.” Edgar buried his face into his scarf a bit.

  “I guess.” Colette shrugged.

  “So…” Edgar’s voice trailed off as he knew that he was most likely going into dangerous territory. “Why do you hate Sasha?”

  Colette sighed. “She hates Brawl Stars with a passion and she only works in the gift shop for money.” “She also hates brawlers.” Colette added this with a finger raised.

  “Dang, I really hate her now. It was way better when you were the cashier.” Edgar said.

  “Yay! Another one who hates Sasha!” Colette almost hugged Edgar. “You hate hugs, right?” Colette said with her hands mid-air, like all the motion in her hands were suspended.