Chapter 1

My heart left its position as I heard the knock on the door and then it clicked open suddenly and the look on Achan George's face told me all even before he spoke that the boss requested my attention in his office. He always felt jealous anytime I was requested in the boss's office because that was how it was supposed to be as my boyfriend.
Before I got up to arrange dress which was already looking somehow on me because I had sat down for a long period of time I fell into a deep thought on how me and Achan started dating. It was quite an adventure though...
It was my first day at work and on my way to my office Armoni Beth-Shan a guy regarded as my boss was also on his way to his office. It happened coincidentally when he bumped into me and despite the fact that he had bumped into me he requested that I tender an apology to him or get fired. I was still running my mouth like a spoilt tap.

"You're such a bitch. A bastard. What's wrong with you? You bumped into me and request I tender a apology? Are you insane? Who do you think you are that you want to fire me? I see you are very stupid..."

I couldn't continue ranting when Achan, a guy I've never seen before came running towards me and helped me pack up my things from the floor and whispered a statement into my ears which almost made me pee on myself.

"He's the boss. I mean the CEO."

My head was on fire. I was thinking of how I would rewind the hands of time and take back all the insults, but the deeds had already been done and there was nothing I could do. There was only one option. I fell on my knees instantly and pulled my hands together and while touching his legs I apologized while shaking like a rat that had been poured hot water not know I had committed another sin and a big of fence by touching him.
He signaled the receptionist to come forward and then he asked her a question which whether I would keep the job or not depended on her reply.

"How come she's here? Did you even brief her on my personality and stuffs like that? I never saw her in the interview, so who employed her?."

"I wanted to brief her about you about five minutes ago when she entered but her reply was not encouraging so I decided to let her have her way" the receptionist who I noticed was already jealous of me as I sensed because of my good looks replied him.

"And what was her reply?" This was the question I was avoiding ever since he started questioning her and now he had asked her.

"She said and I quote:Who is this so called boss that everyone fears as if he is a god? Is he an angel or even a beast or a monster? Please I am already almost late now will you please show me to my office given to me I need to go in and start working. I don't have time for gossips."
She couldn't even remove some words for me. I felt so embarrassed and ashamed because on my first day at work I already had problems with my boss which was not supposed to be so.

"Call the security and make them put her out. I don't ever want to see her face here again" he ordered her and whenever orders like this were given they were to be strictly adhered to. He then shifted himself like 3cm away dusted himself and then left for his office.

She called the security as ordered and told them to push me out and never allow me into the company again, but as I had planned in my head immediately Armoni Beth-Shan,the CEO said that statement unfolded. I ran like a mad woman into his office an knelt before him. It seemed like I was too fast for the security to catch up with so I had already entered the office before they dreamt of coming into the office immediately I got there I knelt down and they entered trying to force me out but was stopped by the boss.

"Let her be" he ordered them and they left the office.

"Am sorry. I have apologized countless number of times ,please" I apologized again and again before he decided to speak.

"Why apologizing after insulting me? Besides,what makes you think I would employ you again? No I won't . Many people wants this job badly so I wouldn't see the reason why you would let such opportunity slip off your hands." He talked with so much pride and after he finished I was still apologizing and then he gave me back my job. The angels in heaven could testify to how happy I was.

"Apology accepted. Maybe you could be useful to me in the future." He said while looking at me from head to toe. The kind of look he gave to me was recognized by me because it was the same look my step dad who tried to rape me which led to his life imprisonment also gave me.

"We are having a meeting by 1:00pm, be prepared." he made me aware of the meeting which I would have been taken unaware of. As I planned to leave the office, he stopped me with his talk.

"You're not coming with me with this shabby cloth you are putting on." I tried talking back at him after he made this statement but he didn't even let me talk.

"Meet the receptionist to take you to our shopping mall and get something expensive to wear after that please change your wardrobe because I know only these kind of clothes are there"
I stood there like a log of wood waiting to be pushed as as a result of the insult he had just unintentionally given to me.

"Go on...now get out of my office." I left still thinking of what to do with that receptionist.

I went there and picked up my things and walking towards her she knew I needed her attention.

"What do you need?" She asked me rather impolitely .

"Armoni said you should take me to the shopping mall and get some clothes." I replied like as if I was his girlfriend and she dialed his office number and he picked up the call and confirmed my claims. He also told her the amount of money to be spent on me but my ears couldn't grab that.

"Let's go." She walked towards the door as I followed her and she called on one of the company's driver to take us to the location. Upon getting there she hoped out and I followed suit too. We entered the shopping mall and after which I chooses a dress and showed her while telling her that I had seen the dress I wanted so we could go, the amount said to be spent on me was revealed to me.

"I was instructed to spend one thousand Kuwaiti dinar on you so do the calculations yourself." She told me the amount which made my jaws drop wide open.
I felt like asking her to transfer the money into my account but I wouldn't try such because I still had my pride to keep. After shopping the whole amount including jewelries and some cosmetics, it was up to twenty boxes when packed up together. And we left. When we got to the company I dressed up and everyone was marveled at my level of beauty and I was expecting Armoni to comment on my beauty but he didn't.

"No looking shabby after all. May we proceed?." We left for the hall where we held our different meetings when hosted by the company. After the one hour thirty minutes meeting I was already tired and wishing to go home because I felt like a fool not contributing anything to the meeting. We walked out of the hall and a guy walked up to him only to enter the same elevator we had entered just before it closed.

"I hope your P.A is not a dummy." It seemed that they were close from the looks of things for him to be able to talk to him formally. He didn't reply the comment but waited hopefully for the elevator to open and then he walked out and I followed him behind. The statement that guy passed to me was not painful though.

When I entered my office Achan came to my office and we discussed. He told me all I needed to know about the boss, the office and about the different people walking in the office. After some days it seemed like my charm had caught him because he asked me out which I accepted because I liked him too. Tiras Javan the receptionist as I later got to know her name was rude and certainly not polite because I noticed she gave me faces anytime she saw me around Achan but I waved all that off...

" Rhoda, I just said the boss seeks you attention in his office" this statement made me come to my real world.