Chapter 1

I wake up and look in the mirror. My blonde hair is in a ratted mess and my blue eyes look tired. I was up all night trying to finish my homework. I brushed out my hair, put on some makeup, and put on my blue skinny jeans and a pink sweater. I looked in the mirror again and I looked pretty. Everyone thinks I look like my dad but I think I look like my Aunt Prim. I never got to meet her but I've seen pictures of her in this book my parents have. I know that she's dead but I don't know why and any time I try to ask my mom she just goes blank.
My parents always scream in their sleep or go blank. I know that they were in the Hunger Games, but they won't tell me anymore than that. It makes me sad that they are never going to be fully happy so I try to stop thinking about it.
All of a sudden my 5 year old brother Rye pushes through the door.
"Mom said you better come down stairs now or your gonna be late!"
I grab my phone off the charger and see that it is 7:50.
"Crap! Finn is probably wondering where I'm at! I say as I walk out the door into the snow.
Finn is my best friend. His mom is friends with my parents. His dad died before he was born and when Finn asks his mom about him she just goes blank. I don't fully understand why our parents go through these things and it's hard for us to help when we don't know what's causing it.

Author note:
Sorry that it is short but I promise to post every week! Please give feed back and tell me how it is so far!!