The Satisfaction of Understanding

Chapter 2

Bleariness invaded Amora's senses, but something...something was different. It was something pleasant...something so foreign, yet welcome. She didn't feel afraid or anxious...she only felt the comforting embrace of safety. Amora almost smiled in her disembodied state, her heart swelling tenfold in her feather light chest. 'Oh God... my sweet God, I'm here for you...you've truly delivered me—OW!' Amora's brows furrowed in confusion. 'Ow...?' She rushed to full consciousness, surprised to find a nimble hand stopping her from sitting up. Her heart dropped in her stomach, auburn features, dark chocolate locks, and mahogany orbs greeting her line of sight. The man reassuringly smiled at her with a cool expression of relaxation, smoking local herbs in a handmade pipe.

"Hello, woman," He said in an alien language. Amora struggled a bit against him before wincing, instantly reminded of her "escape" of sorts with a groan of pain. The man shook his head, urging her again to lie back down. She bit her lip in understanding, reluctantly lying back down in her spot. She let go of her stubbornness, snuggling into the soft furs.

"Who....who are you," she uttered in a dry voice. "You are not my God...you are..." She stops speaking, realizing the man was neither negro nor white and most likely couldn't understand her. Her suspicions were proved to be correct upon noticing his raised brow. He suddenly stood with his pipe in his hand, his gaze exerting his desire for her to stay put. He then stalks off out of the room, leaving her to herself.

Amora sat still for a few minutes, observing all of the room in detail. The scent of wood and earth wafted into her nose, accompanied by odd fragrances. She suddenly rose, careful of her back, and sat to her knees. She gasped with horror, upon realizing that she'd been naked. She shrunk into the furs, covering her body with what dignity she had left.

A different man entered, his skin smoother than anything she'd ever seen, eyes dark, sensual, and inviting. His tattoos sprawled across his arms, defining his well built muscles and exposed chest. His silken locks flowed behind him in a loose braid, collecting at his lower back. His dark eyes flicked to her, warmth filling them with a small smirk. She froze under his vision, suddenly forgetful of her surroundings. The fur slowly fell from her grasp, exposing her bare breasts and leaving everything below to the imagination. The man noticeably averted his gaze, the smirk falling from his lips as he reddened. Amora suddenly came to her senses and clutched the skins back over her chest, heat filling her cheeks as well. He called out behind him, unable to avert his gaze from her for too long. The man with the pipe eventually re-entered with a small wooden bowl, filled with a gooey unknown substance. They began to bicker, leaving Amora completely lost.

"You could have warned me that she would be naked."

Ahote chuckled to himself, motioning for Amora to sit up. He helps her up halfway after seeing the pain etched on her face.

"I assumed you wouldn't mind...nakedness is not something foreign..." He looks up at him with a small smirk. "Why does it bother you now?"

Tenskwatawa grimaced with a small pout. "Oh leave me be...I just..." He looks over at her, a bit amused at her bewildered expression. "She piques my interest...in ways that are foreign to me."

"You like a foreigner," Ahote drawled teasingly, digging his fingers in the bowl to spread a green salve over her wounds. She yelps in pain, tears threatening to fall from her eyes as she wraps her arms around her bent legs. "Tch...these wounds do not look like it was an accident...they seem painful for a purpose..."

Tenskwatawa almost growled, "What purpose is worth this agony...?"

'Those damned white skins...stopping at nothing to fulfill their greed...'