They had quick quiet exchange, with Vista nodding, glancing at Dragon and Luffy. This made the older Monkey stiffen, giving them a suspicious look through narrowed eyes.

Whitebeard wandered off somewhere, leaving the two D's with a awkward Vista who had orders to find them a spare cabin to stay in.

The room that the Monkey's had been given was small, it had very few things in it just a crooked wooden desk, a couple of crates that could be used as a surface area and a single bed in one corner. They had been given a hammock, (which Luffy had claimed) along with a single oil lamp which was going to be the only source of light. That was it, they didn't have anything else.

The young captain wasn't really bothered, as long as he had a place to sleep and he was given food he really didn't care.

Dragon was fascinated with the bed, as soon as Vista, who Luffy thought looked like a magician was gone, the long haired raven flopped on top of the bunk with a blissful expression. The boy preferred hammocks anyway, they were a lot more fun.

The straw-hat captain began setting up his hammock, leaving Dragon fiddling around with the oil lamp, it was going to be dark soon and they wouldn't be able to see anything in their windowless cabin. The man was having problems, he had the lamp clamped between his feet to stop it from moving, while his bandaged hands were completely useless as he tried to switch it on miserably.

Luffy sighed dropping what he was doing and wandered over to help. He crouched down next to a frustrated Dragon and turned it on for him. The man glanced down, looking away out of sheer embarrassment, the boy didn't say anything and went back to working on his hammock.

The time ticked by slowly in silence, the young captain had never been good with the quiet, it made him feel lonely even if he wasn't alone.

"It was nice of them to give us a room..."

Dragon grunted in response, he was perched on the edge of his mattress with his head down and his arms hung loosely on his knees.

"Well... uh? Dragon are you okay?"

He peered through his shaggy hair, the guy looked worn out with dark bags under his eyes.

"Not really, if I'm being honest."

The teen give him a small smile, hoping that his friend would elaborate without having to ask.

"I guess things are- Well you see the thing is- It's complicated."

"What's complicated?"

"This whole thing is..."

Dragon gestured with both hands in a circle motion, his shackles rattling loudly as he did, this caused him to glower at the things.

"Why?"

Luffy really couldn't understand what his problem was, the crew had been nothing but nice to them, what was so complicated about that?

"It's just- I don't know! It just feels wrong!"

The older shouted, he fell on his back clutching his face or trying to anyway, this seemed to aggravate him more. He kicked his feet in the air, growling almost like a beast.