Grace wins {Thomas Shelby}

Just my luck Thomas Shelby and Grace Burgess were getting married. So here I am  at the love of my life wedding. Before Grace had come back to announce to that bloody world that she was pregnant with Tommy's baby, me and Tommy had just announced our relationship. Everyone was excited the Shelby family accepted me rather quickly, taking me under there wings especially Aunt Polly. We both shared the same hatred of Grace. 

It didn't last long with Grace like a fucking tornado coming in and ruining everything. Obviously her plan worked since I'm in the church waiting for her to walk down the isle to Tommy. He had decided that no child of his would be born a bastard and married Grace leaving you in the wind. I couldn't exactly argue with him, he was looking out for his child. But for the love of God it hurt watching Grace and Tommy share loving glances, secretly kiss, at family dinners. That was supposed to be you. 

The wedding music started and Grace came down the isle with a lavender wedding dress. Fucking weird. My world was crumbling and I don't know what to do. I watched Tommy pull the veil and kiss her forehead. Jeremiah begins. 

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Thomas Shelby and  Grace Burgess  in matrimony commended to be honorable among all; and therefore is not to be entered into lightly but reverently, passionately, lovingly and solemnly. Into this - these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

The Shelby's looked at me expectantly to rise up and speak my mind to claim Tommy back but I count do it. I couldn't make Tommy unhappy hell this whole church unhappy just because I was unhappy. So I watched silently not saying a word, seeing everything I love slip between the cracks of my fingers.

April 6th, 2021

unedited