Chapter 1 : Relationship Advice

~~♡~~

~~♡~~

As I was walking through the halls, my eyes somehow found that one person like it always does, Autumn. I'll be straightforward, I like her; not for too long, but long enough. Also, I know that I probably don't stand a chance, but I'd still like to try my luck; I'm stubborn like that.

My life is pretty boring, so you'll be bored while reading it, but trust me, it gets better.

~

I was back at home after a hectic school day. As I was going through my Instagram feed, I noticed the one and only... Not Autumn you idiots! I don't see her everywhere! I saw Kylan Bergmann; you know, your popular jock, the type you meet in probably every story; yeah that!

And that's when it hit me. How does he do it? I mean, seriously, how does he have every girl drooling over him and dying for his attention? I examined myself in front of the mirror, and tried to see what does he have that I don't!

Okay, I admit there's a little difference... I mean a great difference, looks wise, but still... I'm sure he has a shitty personality anyway.

As I spent my whole night thinking about it, I came to the conclusion that even after being so delusional, if he gets so many girls, I'm bound to get one too. Wait... I know what to do! I'll ask Kylan for advice. They say lean from the expert; now that's what I'm gonna do. I know it's not gonna be easy, but one can try.

~

It was just another typical school day. Classes were classes, and ignoring the uneventful in between times, let's skip to lunch. It was the same old, getting food, sitting alone; because fyi, I don't have friends, and after lunch back to classes.

While going back to class, I noticed Kylan standing alone at a corner and smoking. Great! I'm gonna approach him now. As I advanced towards him, my throat went dry with nervousness. The moment I was gonna call out to him, a friend of his called him and he went away. There were several such instances where I couldn't speak to him, simply because I'm dumb like that.

~

I went to washroom, and after doing my business, I was washing my hands when I saw him washing hands just by my side. He finished washing his hands and was about to leave when I went all panicked Jason, because I just couldn't let this chance slip as well, so I called out to him, "Kylan!" I cringed at my hideous voice that came out in a squeak.

"Yes," He said turning around. Fuck! What was I supposed to say again? Perhaps I kept staring for too long because next he said, "If you don't have anything to say, I'll take my leave."

"No, wait!" I said still nervous. Then I took a second to calm down and said, "Hi, I'm Jason."

"Okay?" He looked utterly confused and slightly irritated. I gulped not knowing what to do. "Dude, make it quick." He said glancing at his watch. "I need to leave."

"Okay, it's just... can we be friends?" I do not know where that came from!

"What? Hey, look I don't have time for this, bye."

"No wait! Please... pretty please?"

He shoved his hands in his pockets and looked utterly confused and irritated. "What do you want?"

"Okay... there's this girl I really like, and I need your help."

"What? So basically, you want me to set you up with her?" He asked and I nodded. "What the fuck? Do I look like a wingman to you?"

I gulped. "Yes?"

"Huh?!" He looked baffled.

"Please?"

"I don't know, I don't think it's a good idea. Ask someone else."

"No! Please. You get all that female attention, you must have done something right. Don't you think so too?"

There was a text in his phone, as he checked his phone, he said, "Dude, I really need to leave, I don't have time for this bullshit!" As he was about to leave I grabbed his hand. He looked at our hands and then at me, completely confused by my behaviour. I'd probably regret this later, but right now I don't care. I gave him my best puppy eyes pleading through them. "Okay fine! I'll try. But no promises, alright?"

I jumped with enthusiasm, "Okay! Great! Thanks! Love you!" Love you? Where did that come from? By now he probably thinks I'm a weirdo.

~

I don't know if this would help, but I'm so happy. Now I at least have a shot at impressing Autumn. I flipped on my bed and did a quick happy dance before texting Kylan. Yes, after being extremely weird, I had not-so-subtly asked for his digits, and him being in a hurry gave it to me.

Me : Hey Kylan, it's Jason

Kylan : Jason who?

Me : The guy who you promised to give relationship advice.

Kylan : Oh! You're that weird kid from earlier?

Ouch! Weird? I mean I know that I didn't act very sane earlier today, but hearing it from others is... well, not good for my self-esteem.

Me : Well, that doesn't really sound like me...

Kylan : Sure, dude. Anyways, so what do you want?

Me : Can I call you? You know, I can explain better over a call.

Kylan : Fine whatever!

_________________________________________

Well, so that was the first chapter!!! *squealing excitedly* Am soooo excited!!!

I know it's short and not that engaging but it's just the beginning; I promise it gets better. Do lemme know what you think about it.

Anyways! With that being said... buh-bye! See you in the next chapter! Love you all <3

~ Millie