And it made my already fucking horrible day, that much fucking worse.

“My Mowery, is that an electronic device I detect inside your ear?” Mr. Anderson asks, with that feigned curiosity that most adults use when they ask a stupid question.

“Why yes Mr. Anderson, I dare say that it is!” I say in mock surprise. Jason looks at me in alarm, but I don’t want any help from him, that backstabbing traitor took my brother and now my best friend.

“You were doing so well with not bringing it the last couple of days, what happened?” He questioned honestly. I’ll be honest with you guys, Mr. Anderson isn’t a bad guy, and he’s actually pretty nice to me, most of the time. I mean as nice as he could be to someone who was pretty invisible, I was so average I was almost nonexistent to my classmates and teachers.

“Things change Mr. Anderson,” I shrug apathetically. Mr. Anderson frowns at me, “Yes I dare say they do Mr. Mowery,” He pauses then continues, “Which is why I’m going to have to confiscate that immediately.” What the fuck? Why would he confiscate it? I had done this so many times in his class, that this time hardly made a dent on the record, truthfully the fact that I hadn’t had if for the last week had put a huge dent on my record. Why the hell was he doing this now?

“Why?” I stubbornly ask crossing my arms. I can see Jason in the corner of my eye putting his head in his hands. Why the hell should he care, he’s not the one that has to go through this, so he should just shut he hell up.

“Because Mr. Mowery, you have a lab partner now and if he doesn’t understand something you’re going to need to help him.” Mr. Anderson says kindly.

My anger grows rapidly in a matter of seconds. “So what you’re saying is that you’re taking my iPod away, because of this idiot?” I exclaim in utter disbelief. Jason turns and glares at me.

“He might need your help Mr. Mowery.” The teacher replies simply. Aw hell no.

“I’m not fucking helping him, he’s an asshole, and he can fall down a hole and rot in hell for all I care.” Jason looks stunned for a moment that I said this then sighs and shakes his head, looking as if he wants to be anywhere but next to me at this moment. That’s fine, this will be part of your torcher then, you’ll just have to deal with my stupidity, if it embarrasses you even better for me.

“Mr. Mowery, I am going to kindly ask you for your iPod.” Mr. Anderson orders holding out his hand.

“Mr. Anderson, I am going to kindly have to decline.” I say not so kindly. Jason looks shocked, and his eyes dart between me and the teacher. Mr. Anderson looks confused before he sighs, I’m sure he wishes he didn’t have to do this with me, I had always been such a good student, so average. Maybe I don’t want to be average anymore. I don’t want to hold back anymore.

“Caleb, give me your iPod.” Mr. Anderson says quietly moving closer to me as to not make the class pay any more attention to me. Well fuck they were already paying attention to me, and suddenly it felt good, to be noticed.

“Mr. Anderson,” I argue slowly looking at my desk, “I hardly think that we are on a first name bases.” Jason finally snaps.

“JESUS CHRIST CALEB, JUST GIVE HIM YOUR FUCKING IPOD!” He shouts, if the class wasn’t paying attention before they definitely are now. My anger turns on Jason now. “Who the hell do you think you are to tell me what to do?” I growl standing up from my chair, “You come into MY house, mess with MY family, and MY friends, and now you think you can control ME?”

Jason stands up as well, I don’t like this, because before when he was sitting I towered above him, but now that he is standing I feel so small. “Caleb, I know you’re mad at me, but you need to give the teacher your iPod now, and if you don’t, I will rip it from your body myself.” This makes me shudder, and I’m not sure why, but finally I pull my iPod from my pocket and hand it to the teacher then I whisper asking if I can be excused. The teacher looks shocked at my outbreak, but also concerned and he nods. Jason slumps back down into his chair as I leave the classroom. Quickly I scurry towards the bathroom, feeling like I’m about to cry. Why the hell did I do that? It was just a fucking iPod, it didn’t even matter that much, but for some reason it felt like if I gave it up I would be letting Jason win, and I couldn’t let Jason win. He just made me so fucking angry all the fucking time, he was constantly degrading me, and looking at me as if I was a stupid little kid. He was hanging out with my brother more than I had hung out with my brother in the past two months in a week. He was even pulling Sadie away from me. At least that’s how it felt. It feels like he’s turning everyone against me and it’s driving me insane. Right as I enter the bathroom my phone vibrates. Clicking it open I see it’s a text from Collin.