"He...He said that I needed some 'proper values' and I could finally learn something worth while at Durmstrang," Adrienne shook her head, her lip wavering slightly, "and then he brought up the letters I sent back home – about Angie...and me."

"– said no daughter of his would be that way," Cedric's badger face was on full display, brows furrowed and scowl curling his lips, "he went off the rails, started planning the transfer for me and tried getting a position as a professor."

"I mean, he's always been kinda loony – but I think...he's really gone off this time," She whispered gravely, "spending so much time with Karkaroff, and I – I'm scared he might be in something that he doesn't understand."

"I'm sorry," Rebecca whispered, letting the blonde step forward and dig her head into her shoulder, "Adrie, that's awful, I'm so sorry."

"It's the same reason he's here –" Adrienne hiccuped slightly, clutching onto her friends' robes as Cedric gently rubbed her back, "all he's done is tighten his hold on my life, trying to make me like him."

"Can't your mother have a say?" Cedric suggested softly, his frown deepening, "she's your Mum, biological or not – she can petition the Ministry."

"What's the point?" She let out, shaking her head dishearteningly, "She's gone now – left for France or America," She shrugged slightly, casting her eyes downward, "And it's barely another year I'll have to deal with, and I'm tired of being inbetween schools. She's long gone – better off with out me."

"Well, guess what? We're not better off without you," He insisted quietly, gesturing between himself and Rebecca who quickly nodded her agreement, "we really missed you, and we'd like to help you sneak out and join us once and a while so you're not stuck on that dumb ship for the rest of the year."

"We've even planned for Hufflepuff basement sleepovers again," Cedric flashed a small encouraging smile, "and it'll only work if the three of us are back together again – so, what do you say?"

Adrienne ran her sleeve under her nose, looking almost relieved as she nodded quickly and a smile grew across her wavering lips, "I'd say – should I bring the Taffy Wands or the Chocoballs."

*

With the trio of best friends back together, everything finally felt to be falling right back into place. The three of them were finally catching up, talking and hanging out like all the years prior – even going as far as accidentally skipping a few lessons when they'd end up loosing track of time laughing over yet another fond memory. Though, while they were back to becoming closer and closer, there really wasn't much time for anybody else. And it's when Fred Weasley began noticing his girlfriend's absence more and more. The off-hand assurances that she'd be there, that would somehow end up being diverted or rein-checked out of the blue. Even when he had planned to try and sneak down to Hogsmeade on an off-day – she was already busy with plans.

Fred almost hated himself for even thinking something of it, especially seeing as Rebecca wasn't out-right avoiding him. She'd still greet him every morning, with a kiss and a quick catch-up – and smiles and waves in passing and goodnight wishes.  But it was something about watching her scurry out of the Great Hall alongside – the recently dumped – Cedric Diggory, that he felt his stomach twist nervously. His eyes would try and follow after her retreating figure, leg bouncing as he internally fought himself in chasing after her just to see what they both got up to together. In trying to fight off the dreadful feeling, it seemed it only made him become far more annoyed and resentful each time she left alongside the Hufflepuff.

So, it was really no surprise that when someone else would come up to him – regardless of who it was – he'd happily get lost into the usually boring conversation they'd start up. A sick part of him had wanted Rebecca to see him chatting up some random girl, hoping she'd become jealous enough to intervene – to acknowledge him again. Even when it'd be one of her own dormmates, he'd give her a flashy smile, leaning forward on his bent elbows with a pleasantly intent look on his face. But to no avail, Rebecca didn't seem to notice as she hooked her arm with Cedric to leave the Great Hall once more.