If I was your Vampire /1/

I walked up the stairs to my front door, but raised an eyebrow as I saw that it was wide open. I felt my heartbeat quicken, as I pushed the door open slowly. This doesn't feel right....something's wrong. I moved inside, and called for my parents.

"Mom? Dad? I'm back from MJ's!" I exclaimed, as I rounded the corner to the living room. I gasped when I saw the furniture was knocked over, and it looked as though we'd been ransacked. "Hello?" I called, panic in my voice.

I quickly darted towards the kitchen, grabbing a knife from the drawer. My heart was beating wildly, as I heard something crash from upstairs. My head snapped up, and I ran towards the staircase. I slowly crept up them, heading in the direction of the noise.

"Mom.....dad?" My voice came out like a whisper, and I gulped as I heard a moan come from the den. My legs felt like Jello as I moved towards their door. I grasped the handle, preparing for the worst.

As I twisted the handle, there came another crash, and I quickly threw the door open. I let out a scream as I saw three men in dark black standing before me. They were hovering over a body, but I was too afraid to look. I fumbled back, dropping the knife from my hands.

All three of their heads whipped in my direction, and I screamed once more. "MOM! DAD!" I cried out, as I took off down the stairs.

I nearly tripped, falling down the long flight of stairs in the process. The front door came in sight, and when I grabbed onto the handle, I felt a cold hand grasp around my wrist. I shrieked, as I spun around.

Slowly I came face-to-face with a tall, dark figure. His face was hard to see, the only thing visible were his emerald green eyes. They flashed a deep shade of...red? I let out a gasp. Did they just change color?

I slammed into the wall, shaking as I did so. The figure towered over my frame, as I began to tremble. "Please.....don't hurt me....." I begged, as tears stung the corners of my eyes. I could barely breathe, and I was beginning to have a panic attack. The man moved a hand towards me, and tried to touch my face. I scrunched my eyes, tears burning the rims.

He felt cold, almost freezing as he stroked my cheek. It sent chills down my spine.

"Soon....." I heard him say, his voice sounding as smooth as silk. I kept my eyes closed, for fear of what I'd see when I'd open them. When I finally did, I found the place empty. The men where gone.

The first thought that came to my mind were my parents. Shakily I ran up the stairs, tears still brimming my eyes. I ran back to the den, and I felt my heart stop when I saw what was before me.

"MOM! DAD!" I cried out, as I stared at their lifeless bodies before me. They were covered in.......blood. There was so much. It was...everywhere. I gasped, as I slapped a hand over my mouth. I let out another shriek.

"No......mom.......dad!" I sobbed, as I dropped to my knees and sobbed. "Don't leave me! I need you! Mom....dad! Don't go!"

"Don't go!" I awoke with a start, feeling the sweat pouring from my body. I was gasping, and I brought a hand up to my hot forehead. "God damn dream." I murmured, as I threw the covers back and got out of the bed.

It was still dark out, as I walked across the carpet and onto the hardwood floors. I flicked the bathroom light on, and squinted from the brightness. My blonde hair was a mess. My make-up was smudged under my eyes, and my bangs were stuck to my now sweaty face. "Ew. I hate that dream." I muttered, as I turned the faucet on and washed my face.

When I went back in my room, I saw that the clock read 2:30 in the morning. I ran my fingers through my hair, and took a deep breath. I had that dream for the third night this week. It won't leave me alone. That whole day just keeps on replaying in my mind.