i nodded at her so she knew i was listening but after a while, i turned my focus to jj. he was dressed in all black, besides his usual red hat that he was wearing. he had on a black hoodie along with black pants. the shoes that he was wearing, they were torn up, but still black.

"coop, you need to put this on. that white shirt won't do you any good." kie threw me a black sweatshirt. it was definitely john b's. i could tell from the last name that was on the back.

routledge.

i put it on and followed the four of them out of the chateau.

"you kids better not be getting yourself into any trouble." big john called out as we walked to john b's van.

"of course not!" pope called back.

"if only he knew." jj stated messing up john b's hair.

"he'd kill us." john b flicked jj's hat off.

us five got into the van, kie and john b in front while pope, jj and i sat in the back.

john b started up the van, backing out and getting us onto the road.

"illegal shit, here we come." john b said, making kie and i both roll are our eyes at him.

as the van kept moving and our heart beats grow quicker, jj started to roll. he was rolling his famous blunt, trying to make pope shut up about the smell.

"pope, one of these days i'm going to make you smoke. just one hit. then maybe you'll see what your missing out on."

"never happening, lover boy."

"you'll see."

i watched as the two argued back and forth, it putting a smile on my face. but then i watched jj pack the blunt. it was always an interesting concept to me.

"alright," jj locked his eyes to me, "i know we say about four words to each other a day, but i'm going to let you smoke this with me, but," jj put the blunt between his lips and lit it, "only if you can say the alphabet back words."

"that's absolutely impossible." i sent jj a confused face.

"well, no high for you then."

"fine." i rolled my eyes at him. "z, y, x, w, v, u, t, s, r, q, p. yeah that's as far as i can go."

"damn cooper." kie applaud me.

"yeah, holy shit." john b looked at me through the reviewer mirror.

"thank you. thank you. i know, i'm almost pretty talented." i pretended to bow. it was pretty difficult though seeing as i was sitting down.

"i'll give it to you, you got farther than i expected." jj handed me the blunt and i gladly took it, putting it up to my lips and inhaling.

i exhaled, trying my best to get it as far away from pope as possible, but it's pretty hard when we are in such a small space.

i handed it back to jj, him taking it with ease. he pulled it up to his own lips, me watching him closely. i watched him inhale, pulling it away. he held it in a little to long, making him cough.

i smiled at the boy, handing him some water that was sitting in his bag.

jj continued to cough as pope complained about the smell again, making jj and i both laugh at him.

"sorry pope." i said, earning a head shake from him.

"we're almost there." kie stated, "jj can you hand me a flashlight? maybe pass the rest out to everyone else."

"kie," jj said still coughing, "kind of busy." jj handed me his bag, motioning for me to pass the flashlights out.

i grabbed it and passed everyone a flashlight, keeping two for jj and myself. as i pulled mine and his flashlights out i noticed my juul. the same juul he was talking to pope about earlier.

i dropped it back in the bag and looked over at jj who was still dying at this point, making me giggle.

"are you good? or do we need to call the ambulance?"

"call the ambulance." jj grinned at me.

i smiled at him, "on it."

john b parked the car and got out, scoping the place out a bit before telling us all to get out too.

jj handed me the blunt and grabbed all his things, including mine and his flashlights that were in my lap.

i put the blunt in between my lips as i got out of the van, followed by jj and pope.

it was definitely a bit cold outside. i was internally thanking kie for the sweatshirt at this moment.