Chapter 2: What's New?

Charlie

Mom and dad led us through the house and past the small group of friends that gathered in the living room. Uncle Rick and Uncle Troy were there watching the basketball game while Aunt Ashley and Aunt Arty were in the kitchen looking for something to eat. Aunt Ashley had her baby in her arms, her first child and Rick's pride and joy, while Aunt Arty didn't care that her young daughter Lisa was running around chasing her older brother Marcus.

"Where are we going?" Sophia asked mom with a smile.

I was happy to see my sister smile. I knew she was sad about not having a wolf, and I always hated having to see her so sad. She masked her deep pain by smiling and joking around, but I knew she was upset about it.

Mom didn't respond as she and dad led us to the garage with the other kids following us. Sophia and mom entered the garage first and they vanished inside as I made my way over to it.

Sophia suddenly screamed and my heart spiked. I bolted forward with Tommy right behind me. Was she alright? Did something happen to her? Was mom okay? As soon as Tommy and I entered the doorway, we saw Sophia jumping up and down in mom's arms. I sighed as she kept thanking her over and over again about her new car.

"Look Charlie!" Sophia said, running over to me. "It's a Wrangler!"

"I see that," I smiled. I then noticed a large black truck behind it and I let go of my twin and ran over to it as dad walked over behind me. "Is this mine?"

"It is," dad said. "Every alpha starts out with a truck."

I quickly hug my dad. "Thanks!"

"Why didn't we get these when we were sixteen?" Sophia asked.

Mom smiled. "I wanted to get you them, but you father said sixteen year old werewolves and new cars don't mix very well."

I laughed, and so did Sophia. I looked over at Tommy who was pouting.

"What's the matter Tommy?" I asked, walking over to him.

"That means I need to wait longer for my car."

We all started laughing at him. Mom and dad left us and Sophia and I ran out to get our keys. It was now time for our little party.

_____

Sophia

I parked my new car into a free spot and climbed out. Lily got out of the passenger seat, her auburn hair blowing wildly as a gust of wind passed by from a semi, and then Julia jumped out of the back. I was so happy to have the silver jeep with the black cover, and I know that Charlie was happy to have a truck.

We all changed clothes before we left, so I was wearing a pair of black jeans, knee high boots, a ruffled red top, and a black vest. Lily was wearing a brown skirt, sandals, and a crop top. Julia, since she was young, wore jeans, combat boots, a grey shirt and a black jacket.

We left just before the guys did, so we beat them to the small club. This was the place that humans came when they wanted to have fun. It was an arcade place, a bowling alley, and a movie theater all in one. I loved coming here with Lily after school, when Charlie had lacrosse practice with Justin and Tommy was in detention for playing tricks on the girls in his classes.

"So, should we wait for the guys, or should we go ahead and play games?" Lily asked.

"Hmm," I said, pretending to think it over. "I think we should-"

"Get 'em!" Charlie shouted from behind me, jumping out of his new truck.

"I think we should run!"