3. Long-Lost Lover

Start from the beginning

Ye Jin took a deep breath before entering the meeting room. She walked towards the table that was already full of the directors and managers. She remained strong even though her heart was pounding. This is her first time met the top-ranking status of the company that would make her heart nervous.

According to Seo Dan, the director of the company, Kim Jung Won, will organize a lunch meeting once a month like this to socialize with each other while discussing work matters. Plus, the meeting is also intended to get acquainted with new members if there is a new manager in the company.

Ye Jin cheerfully greeted a few people she already knew there, including Kim Jung Won. Then she took an empty seat. Just a few seats remain empty. It seems that Hyun Bin is not visible.

Deep down in Ye Jin's heart, she really hoped that Hyun Bin would not show up in this lunch meeting. However, her hopes were in vain.

A few seconds later, Hyun Bin suddenly appeared with his dimple smile. He walked towards someone and then pulled up the chair next to her.

"Son ssi, may I sit beside you?" Hyun Bin asked permission from Ye Jin.

Ye Jin widened her eyes and turned towards Hyun Bin. She showed her dissatisfied facial expression over him. But Hyun Bin just pretended to be cool and ignored Ye Jin's protest.

It doesn't matter who is sitting next to her. In fact, he walked so fast that he could take a seat next to Ye Jin and of course he didn't want anyone else to sit there.

"Bin ah, this is your first time showing up here." Kim Jung Won laughed after teasing Hyun Bin who had just sat down next to Ye Jin.

That joke was not funny at all for Ye Jin because her heart can't stop cursing Hyun Bin even though her facial expression unnoticeable. 

"Son ssi. Have you met Hyun Bin, my grandson?" Kim Jung Won introduced Hyun Bin to Ye Jin without knowing the fact that the two of them are more than acquaintances.

Ye Jin's eyes widened slightly after hearing that statement. Although she has known Hyun Bin for a long time, she does not know this fact. Hyun Bin is the grandson of Kim Jung Won? She only just knew that Hyun Bin is from well off family. But she does not think that Hyun Bin is a grandson of a famous corporate idol in Seoul, Kim Jung Won.

No wonder Hyun Bin who is still young be able to take the position of COO. It's far different from her who is working hard to get the position now.

"Yes, Sajang-nim. We've just met." Ye Jin answered with a sweet smile.

"For now onwards, our CEO who is Bin's eomma took a long vacation. So, Bin taking over all the CEO work affairs. Son ssi, you're going to work a lot with him. And, for now you're going to report directly to him."

What? I have to face him every day! And he's my leader! No! Is this trial from you God?

Ye Jin mumbled in her heart. She was only able to pretend a fake smile to cover up her dissatisfied look.

Their lunch meeting began once all the chairs were filled. Before the meal, Kim Jung Won gave a short speech and welcomed Ye Jin into the company. After that, they just chatted about the company and sometimes slipped into the other conversation.

"Son ssi, are you married?" Kim Jung Won's question suddenly popped up.

Ye Jin was shocked by the question. What if she doesn't want to answer that question?

"Ye Jin ssi, don't take it seriously. Our Sajang-nim really likes to tease." Madam Choi, the marketing manager whispered.

"Err... Actually, I'm ..." Ye Jin tried to answer but suddenly cut by Hyun Bin.

"Well, harabeoji ... If harabeoji want to know ..." Hyun Bin paused and glanced over Ye Jin again.

Ye Jin blinked her eyes, did not understand why Hyun Bin had to cut her conversation and gaze at her for a moment before continuing his talk that had stopped earlier

Bin, what's the problem with you? Please don't start it!

Then, Ye Jin took a glass of water to moisten her dry throat. She ignored Hyun Bin's gaze.

"Son ssi is my long-lost lover. She's the one I've been waiting for all this entire time. And yes, I just want her to be a part of my life. Definitely not someone else."

Uh-uh...

What???

Ye Jin who had just been drinking almost choked after hearing Hyun Bin's confession.

Oh crap! It's like deja vu all over again.

Ye Jin closed her eyes slowly. She began to feel light-headedness. Oh gosh, she was very ashamed!

Hyun Bin's confession was like a bomb that has been dropped. Everyone in the meeting room was surprised and speechless. Now, she's going to commit suicide by jumping off from this building!