New Beginnings 12✨

En başından başla

I smiled. "Bitch I know what it is."

"What is it Ms. Know It All?"

"You want to be in music. You act like I don't know you. I mean come on. You've been rapping since you were twelve."

"Yeah but I was young."

"Young and talented."

She smiled.

"I'll ask Dominique to give you some studio time and you write a song."

She shook her head. "No. I can't ask that of him. And besides, I don't even have lyrics written."

"Bitch please. Let me see your phone." I asked with my hand out.

She shook her head and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. And you won't be asking him, I will. You're family."

We continued to eat. Once we were finished, we left out. As we were walking to my vehicle, I passed a familiar face. It was Dominique's first baby mother.

"Hello there." she said coming up to me.

I smiled. "Hi."

"I don't think I ever gave my congrats on your bundle of joy." she said looking at my stomach.

Laila got in between us and crossed her arms. She looked Laila up and down and chuckled.

"You think I'm going to assault a pregnant woman?"

"I don't think you're that crazy." I stated.

"Anyway, I would love to continue our little chat but I have to go."

I waved and she walked off.

"You know I had a great time, we should do this again." she stated as she continue to walk off.

We got in the car and headed home. When we walked in Mom was making dinner.

"You know we have a chef." I said as I put my purse down on the island.

Her and Dad laughed. "We've never had a chef and you guys never went hungry." she stated.

"True." I stated as I took a seat in the barstool.

"So, how was Taki's? They're still kicking?"

I nodded. "Still kicking, still double stuffing." I said making her laugh.

"That's good."

"Not to mention we had a little run in with Baby Momma number one." Laila said coming to sit next to me.

"Excuse me?" Mom asked.

"Don't worry. She was just congratulating me on my bundle of joy." I said rubbing my belly.

"No, she was being a smart ass." Laila stated.

"Laiyah." Mom stated.

"Sorry but she was."

"Again, nothing happened." I said.

Mom raised her eyebrow. "Trinity, are you sure?"

"I'm positive." I said getting up.

I went upstairs and into my bedroom. Dominique was in there, laid across the bed.

"Hey honey." I said getting in bed with him.

"What's up?" he said wrapping his arms around me.

We snuggled up with one another.

"It feels like we haven't seen each other all day." he said.

I chuckled. "I know. With all this baby stuff going on. Good thing, everything is almost done."

"Now we just have to birth this sucker." he said rubbing me belly.

"Easier said than done."

I sat up and sighed. "I saw Alicia today."

He popped up. "What she say?"

I raised my eyebrow. "She wanted to congratulate me on the baby."

He nodded his head. "That's all?"

"Yes."

I got up off the bed. "Why do you seem so nervous?"

He rubbed his face and shook his head.

"Dominique."

He sighed.

I started to tear up. My palms began sweaty and my body became hot.

"Dominique. Did you do something with her?" I asked.

"It wasn't that simple."

I sighed and chuckled. "The fuck does that mean? It wasn't that simple. Simple is saying no, I have a girlfriend. And I pray you didn't do this while I'm pregnant." I said with tearing forming.

He stood up. "Trins, I've made a lot of mistakes....

"Did you or did you not cheat on me while I was pregnant? Last time, before I go with my gut feeling."

He looked at me and nodded his head. I smiled and a tear dropped.

"After all these years of us being together, why wait until I'm pregnant?" I asked.

"Like I said it's not that simple."

"Well, talk to me dammit!" I yelled in fustration.

"Okay okay, just calm down." he stated.

He grabbed my hand and sat me next to him on the bed.

"We didn't have sex. I would never ever do that to you, especially because you're pregnant."

"Then what's cheating Dominique. I need words here."

"Cheating is, she gave me head. It wasn't long, I didn't time it but I know it wasn't long"

I rubbed my face. "Was this when you went over there and didn't tell me?"

"Yes. I only went over there to talk to her because I knew she would've tried to come and get in your head. To make it seem like it was more than what it actually was."

"Dominique cheating is cheating." I stated getting up. "I honestly expected this from a groupie."

He chuckled.

"That's funny?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No, but I understand."

"Well understand that I need time right about now. So, I'm going to be in Dj's room." I said walking out.

"Trinity." he called out.

I just continued to walk. As I walked passed the stairs Laila was coming up.

"Noami said that dinner is almost ready but I'm still full." she said as she followed behind me.

"Yeah, same." I said walking into the nursey.

"Trins? What's wrong?" she asked.

"Um, Dominique actually just told me that he cheated on me with his baby momma." I said sitting in the rocking chair.

She closed the door behind her and came to hug me. I actually broke down into her arms. To think that I actually thought Dominique would never cheat on me.