Chapter 3

I looked around the room, confused and stunned until I saw a young boy staring at me. I looked him up and down, a judgy look printed on my face. As I slowly looked up, I couldn't help but notice the beautifully mysterious look in the pools of blue placed on his perfect face. He gazed into my soul, like he knew exactly how I was feeling. I tried to speak but no words could fall out. Instead, my mouth lye open, slowly turning dryer and dryer by the second. Luckily, the boy spoke before I had the chance to burst out some muddled up English.
"Don't look so scared croot, you're safe now," his perfectly shaped, soft lips spoke.
Confusion over took me. A million questions wandered all about in my head. What did croot mean? Where was I? Why was I safe? How did I get here? Why couldn't I remember anything? My lips split revealing my open mouth, jaw dropped. I tried yet again to speak at least one word. No sound.
The boy giggled, like he thought my confusion was the highlight of his day, "no point trying to speak croot."
Why was there no point? What was happening to me? Why couldn't I speak? Queries still ran around my heap, doing the same laps over and over again.
He chuckled again, "you'll get your voice back in a few