Erica had a wry smile. "Don't do your best, Draco. Don't control it."

"If I don't," I whispered. "I might just destroy everything here."

She shook her head. "You won't."

"How can you tell that?"

"If you harm a single thing here," Erica said. "You are not the Draco I know."

I stared at her silently. "It's scary how well you know me."

She shrugged. "If you did not care about Zeke here, you would not have sent Nox that day with us. If you did not care about Allen, you would not have been losing your mind over it. You obviously care and how can you bear to destroy the things you care about?"

I inhaled deeply and stood up. "Thanks, Erica. I know what to do."

She cocked her head. "Do you?"

I nodded. "I do."

*********

I went to find Taurus. He would definitely accompany me.

Apart from the link that I had with him as his neutraliser, I did not have any other link with him. I frowned. Even when the stars and pulsars did not Soul-Bind, they did have a unique bond with their lovers. Why had I never thought about it?

I followed the way my nose led. Surprisingly it was Dr Mina's office.

"How is my mother?" Aiko asked when I knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Taurus said. "The door's not locked."

"Who is it-" Niran started and when he saw me, he shut his mouth.

Rune frowned. "Why can't I smell your scent anymore?"

I shrugged. "Just cause."

Nox who was half-sitting on the sofa's rest smiled. "He is one of us. Of course, you can't smell him."

Rune's eyes widened. "Why is it like that?"

"Stars..." Nox drawled. "Our weakness is our scent."

"That does not make sense to me," Niran commented.

"Just by smelling you," I said. "If you are not careful enough, I can tell your history. And as pulsars or stars, we have a lot of things we wish to take it to the end of our time."

Niran licked his lips. "Can you tell mine?"

I shook my head. "Taurus trained you well."

Niran turned towards the warrior fast. "You did?"

Taurus nodded. "I train people around me. If they come to know your past, would they not know about me too?"

Niran snorted. "And here I thought you were concerned about me."

"Me?" Rune asked. "Can you read mine?"

Taurus shook his head. "You are a descendant of Luna, whether you like it or not. You have her protection."

Mina sighed. "So that's how you came to know about me the second you saw me with Silver?" she asked Nox.

Nox licked his lips and gave a fleeting glance at Aiko. "Yes."

Contrary to what we thought, Aiko was calm. No spikes in her heartbeat nor was there any fluctuations in her face. What was this female before me? How could she just sit still when her mate's chosen mate spoke about him?

"Aiko," Rune called her, glancing at the two females.

Aiko waved her hand. "How is my mother, Mina?"