15. Nurturing Relationships

Start from the beginning

"Chote.. you kept everything na?" Anjali asked for tenth time glancing at Arnav's suitcase and wardrobe.

"Haan Haan Di! Everything.... You don't worry... even if I forget something, I will buy there." Anjali nodded and started to shuffle clothes and things in his wardrobe.

"Ready to go?" Advay asked as he entered Arnav's room.

Arnav nodded.

"Chote... you promise me to make her happy.... She have already gone through so much..." Anjali spoke.

"Ha Di.... I will...." Anjali nodded and took a deep breath relieved.

"I am waiting downstairs..." Advay came out of the room and his phone rang.

Chandni....

"Haan bolo..."

"Arnav have a meeting to attend.... Is he coming?"

"Oh... Actually... Arnav is leaving for Lucknow...." He informed her, hesitating

"What the hell?! Clients are sitting here, waiting!" Chandni whisper-yelled on him.

"Oh... can you handle?" He asked, hesitating.

"Handle? They want to meet 'The ASR'! Do I look like ASR to you?"

"Oh okay...." He suppressed his laugh.

"What okay?"

"I am coming there in fifteen minutes."

"Okay! Come as soon as possible!" He hung up the call. Arnav came out with his luggage, Anjali on his tail.

"Arnav.... Akash will drop you at the airport. I have to go office to attend meeting on your behalf." Arnav nodded.

Advay left for office and after bidding bye to everyone, Arnav and Akash left for Airport.
____________________

There was a thick, awkward silence in car. It was the first time Arnav and Akash were being too silent around each other. Though, Arnav is not talkative, there was never a time when they didn't talk. Let it be about business, family, politics or cricket, but never for once they stayed in an awkward silence. This silence gave rise to a guilt in Arnav's heart which started eating him.

He should start the conversation. Yes! He should.

"Looks like you're taking me somewhere to encounter me.." Arnav tried to strike a conversation between them.

"Why?"

"Because of your rotten face!"

"So to make you laugh, should I become a clown?!"

"No! You are already a clown...." Arnav muttered but Akash heard. Akash glared at him.

An awkward silence.

"I..."

"I was..."

Both started at the same time.

"You speak.." Allowed Arnav.

"Nhi... you say..." Insisted Akash.

"Nhi nhi..! Pehle tu hi bol..."

"Nhi aap.."

"Okay... I will start..." Both said at same time after a minute.

Again an awkward silence.

"Come back soon...." Arnav's head snapped towards Akash.

Is he really speaking to him...?

"With her..." Akash completed and Arnav grinned.