12| LOVE JUST WALKED IN

Start from the beginning

"Woah, roll the fish back in, roll the fish back in." Layla announced as she laughed, "Let's cool it off now, Baywatch."

"You aren't helping!" Kie snapped at her.

"I am, trust the process Kie, trust it." Layla said with a knowing look, snapping her fingers with a wink.

"Everybody shut up!" John B yelled over everyone's arguing, "Kie, you are my best friend, right? And Sarah, you're..."

"Don't say it." Layla spoke under ever breath as she clinched her jaw hopefully.

"Say it." Sarah encourage him with a half smile.

"You're my girlfriend." John B said to her as Sarah flushed with a smile his way. Layla looked down with hurt eyes, hoping she hide it well with the way she picked at her fingers and curled her toes.

"Oh.. that's new." Pope cringed.

"She's your girlfriend now?" Kie asked in disbelief with a laugh, "What was all that talk about you just using her for information? Get a map, cut her loose."

"Yeah, John B, or was that also just bullshit projectile vomiting from your mouth?" Layla asked in disbelief as she crossed her arms his way. Sarah looked at her and then to John B with a look of disbelief.

"You said you were using me?" The Cameron girl asked, clear hurt in her voice.

"No." John B tried to say.

"Yeah, he did." the four corrected him.

"Look, love just walked in, okay?" John B asked loudly as he stared at them, "We didn't expect it. It just-it kind of happened."

"No kidding." Layla snapped suddenly.

"And i'm not gonna deny it." John B spoke as he looked to Sarah knowingly, "Right?"

"That's corny." Pope said as JJ stiffed a laugh.

"Look, cut the bullshit, John B. If she's in, i'm out." Kie said as she stared at him knowing, a serious expression on her face as her anger slowly turned to clear hurt.

"Kie, i'm not going this. I can't!" John B said her way in disbelief.

"You are gonna decide. I'm very interested, actually. Me or her?" Kie questioned in disbelief with a glare.

"Both." John B spoke back casually. Kie stormed off the porch quickly as Layla cleared her throat and stood up.

"I gotta go too, bible study." Layla said with a roll of her eyes, walking down the porch steps and toward her bike. Sarah wasn't far behind, stopping before Layla could get on, "I can't deal with this right now."

"You think I can? All of this is hard on me too!" Sarah defended herself quickly with a look of disbelief.

"Yeah? You're not the one hoping and praying a straight girl falls in love with you after one sloppy kiss in a neon lit bathroom." Layla snapped as her quickly as Sarah's face softened, "Maybe what John B said was corny and disgusting, but it was true. Love does just walk in, no one expects it. Only issue is it doesn't always open the door back."

Sarah watched as Layla rode off quickly on her bike, leaving her in the yard of John B's Chateau.

"God, we're so dead." Layla said after Kie climbed onto the boat JJ and John B where on after the pair had picked her up.

"Completely dead." Pope confirmed, driving a few feet away. A second passed before JJ and John B dived over the side of the boat and began swimming their way, Kie yelling from the deck. Layla laughed as she pushed her sunglasses up to get a better look.

"Oh, her face is priceless." Layla said, cracking open her wine cooler and looking at Kie, "Don't jump! There's a reef of jellies under you!"

Sarah soon joined her as Kie bend down and opened the small compartment in the boat. Layla laughed as she took a swig of her drink, "This just keeps getting better and better."

"Get your asses back here!" Kie yelled.

"Layla!" Sarah hollered in disbelief.

"We can't. Not till you two figure it out!" John B called out to them.

"What he said!" Layla nodded, flashing the pair her boobs before pushing her shirt back down.

"There's food in the cabin, and JJ rolled a blunt!" Pope yelled toward the pair as he started the boat up again and began driving off quickly, getting one final salute from Layla.

kylie speaks

layla marry me
challenge GO.

also, i know sayla
doesn't have like a shit
ton of talking moments
but if you can feel
the tension from every time
they lock eyes, you're reading
this book correctly! x

also, i know sayla doesn't have like a shitton of talking momentsbut if you can feel the tension from every timethey lock eyes, you're readingthis book correctly! x