chapter 4

♛♛♛

♛♛♛

Hana angrily skates across the ice, practicing her routine for Sunday. She spins, ice flying out all around her. Her ankles burned and ached, begging for her to take a break.

I'm going to win. I won't lose against Yumiko again.

"Ugh. What the hell?" Hana stops spinning, her head moving up. Her eyes widen as she makes direct eye contact with his scarlet eyes. Yumiko stands annoyingly close to his side, her arms crossed.

"Hana?" Oikawa speaks, having Yumiko roll her eyes.

"Yeah, that's her. I don't know why she's even here." She scoffs.

"I'm just practicing." She bows, her hands shaking. "Sorry." She says, starting to skate toward the exit.

"Wait, Hana, I have to talk to you!" Oikawa says, holding onto the wall as he shuffles over to her.

He was never good at ice skating.

She stares down at him, remembering the ice skating dates she took him.

"About what?!" Yumiko says, her jaw dropping in shock.

"God Yumiko, do you ever shut the fuck up?" Oikawa snaps, having the girl cower back.

"There's nothing for us to talk about, Oikawa." She says, his eyes filling with hurt at the sound of his last name coming out of her mouth.

"But I-"

"Shut up." Hana snaps, her hands shoving open the gate. She quickly steps out of the arena, rushing to her designated room. She slams the door, her fingers moving as she unties her ice skates as fast as she could. She throws on her hoodie and sneakers, jogging out of the ice rink.

She runs down the road, occasional cars speeding past her. Her headphones blasted music, the sky turning dark.

Stupid Oikawa. Stupid, stupid Yumiko. I hate them. God, I hate them.

She stops, gasping for air. She turns to an empty parking lot, her fists grabbing at her sweatshirt. She leans down, choking on the air. She inhales deeply, her voice coming out loud as she screams. She screams as loud as she could, all the anger built up over the weeks pouring out.

"Stupid Toru! Fuck you Yumiko" She cries, picking up a rock and throwing it back onto the ground at full force. "You said I wasn't like anyone!" She sobs, her nails digging into her palms. "Yet you treated me like every one!" She stomps her foot, groaning at the fact she was having a temper tantrum in an abandoned parking lot at the edge of town.

"And fuck you, dad! You're such a damn coward!" She screams at the top of her lungs, her hand gripping at her necklace.

She squats down, covering her head with her hands as she cries silently, her anger dying down to sadness.