Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fᴏᴜʀ

Mulai dari awal

"What're you drawing?" Genie asked, sitting down next to her friend.  He held a paper on his lap and was sketching on it with green pencil crayons.  The picture was a boy with green skin and eyes rolled up in his head.  He had outstretched arms and an open mouth.  Across the top read- "Zombie Boy..."

Will looked back at Genie, grimacing.

"Will, was someone bugging you again?" She asked quietly.  Will frowned and stayed quiet.  "Seriously, I'll fight someone if you want."

"You're doing it too." He whispered timidly.  Confusion clouded Genie's brain.

"What am I doing?"

"Treating me like I can't handle myself." When Will looked up at her he had tears glistening in his eyes.  "You, Mom, Jonathan, Dustin, Mike, everyone is treating me different and I know they're trying to help but it's not helping.  It's just making me feel more like a freak."

Genie watched him silently for a moment before engulfing him in a hug.

"You know what, Will?  You are a freak." She said quietly.  He pulled away from the hug, confused.

"Wait what?"

"And I'm a freak." She continued, "But you know what?  I'd rather be a freak than a normal person.  I mean, what fun would that be?"

Will stayed quiet so Genie continued.

"We're there for each other.  Those normies, they just treat you different because they're concerned."

"Nobody treats you like they treat me." Will wiped his eyes.  Genie pondered this for a moment.

"I-" She didn't know what to say, "I don't know why that is.  It's pretty stupid though."

Will nodded, a slight smile forming on his face.  His smile was contagious.  Genie grinned and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Hey, you two coming to watch the movie?" Bob poked his head into the doorway.  Genie giggle and mouthed 'normie'.  Will held back a laugh and turned to Bob.

"Yeah, we'll be right there." He said.

Genie was relieved to sense cheer coming from the boy across from her rather than sorrow.  This reminded her...

"Will, I think I should tell the others about my..." she glanced at the open doorway and lowered her voice, "abilities."

"It's up to you.  I think that's a good idea, though.  You know how they get with secrets." Will shrugged.

"Hurry kids, we're gonna start it without you two!" Joyce called from outside the room making Genie and Will smile.

"I suppose we should go." Genie said.  Will nodded but didn't move.  The two just kind of stared at each other for a moment.

Then, Will did something completely unexpected.  He kissed her.

It wasn't a long or particularly passionate kiss but it was enough to make Genie's face burn crimson. She lowered her head to hide the growing smile on her face.