I Laughed And Ran Over To The Door .

" HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! " Raquel Walked In With A Box And Saw My Parents .

" Hi Mr. And Mrs. Matthews ! Is This Everything That You Got Arielle ? "

I Nodded , Laughing . She's So Loud .

" Well Shi - oot " She Corrected Herself " You Dont Need This , Then "

She Looked Around Again " Mr. And Mrs. Matthews , My Parents Need To Get On Your Level ! "

My Parents Laughed Before Raquel Mentioned That She Had Plans For Me And We Went Upstairs .

" What Do Your Parents Even Do ? "

I Laughed " They Both Work For Famous People "

" Who ? " She Asked .

" You Mean Who Do They Work For ? " When She Nodded , I Continued " Oh ! A Lot Of Them . They're Both Doctors "

" So They Make More Than The Average Because They Work For Celebrities "

" Yeah , Cause They Keep The Information Enclosed And They Do House Calls . They Fly To Wherever The Patient Is At "

" Well Damn . You A Whole Gus Family . I Really Just Thought You Was A Gus Mami "

I Laughed " You're Dumb . Lemme See My Gifttt "

When I Opened The Box , There Was A Whole Roll Of Condoms .

" I Dont Get It " I Looked At Her Questioningly .

" Girl That's For You And Aaron , Duhh " She Laughed " After What He Do For You Today ? Giiirrrrll "

I Smiled " You Know Something ? He's Taking Me Out ? "

" He Didnt Call You ? Or Text You Or Something ? " She Asked .

" No . He Didnt Even Tell Me Happy Birthday , Call Or Nothing " I Told Her " Why Did He Tell You He Was Doing Something ? "

" No " She Shook Her Head " I Just Thought .. I Dont Know . It's Aaron . I Just Expected Him To Go Full Out "

" I Knowww . But " I Shrugged .

" Dont Worry Bout It . It's Still Early . Now Get Dressed So We Can Go Out " She Playfully Pushed Me .

Raquel Was Dressed Casual , So I Dressed The Same .

I Put On A Black Crop Top , A Pair Of Ripped American Eagle Jeans , And My New 10s . I Carried A Nudie Jean Jacket - In Case It Got Chilly , And One Of My Old Black Purses . I Did Take One Of The Coach Wallets And When I Unzipped It , There Was Money Inside .

I Really Love My Parents .

I Decided To Just Leave It Here And Spend The Money I Already Had . I Took My Gift Cards And Put Them In The Wallet I Already Use .

After Putting That In My Purse , I Was Ready To Leave . Raquel And I Went Downstairs , Said Goodbye To My Parents , And Brielle , Then Left .

" Where We Going First ? " Raquel Asked .

" Bitch , I Thought You Made Plans "

" Yeah , But That's Not 'Til Later "

We Went To The Mall That I Worked At , So I Could Get The 10s For Brielle . She Had Wanted Them Too . When I Walked Into Jimmy Jazz , I Wished I Hadnt Worn My 10s Because The Girl That Didnt Like Me Was Here And She Was Definitely Going To Fuss About Me Getting Them .

All My Friendly Co Workers Said Happy Birthday To Me Before I Went To The Counter To Get My Shoes .

" Hey Francesca "