"It's not only that," you interrupt her, "she said that there was no way I was married to Wakatoshi as she was punching me in the face. But, hey, if one crazy and jealous bitch couldn't take me down, I don't think someone else can," you glance at Ito for a split second. You are aware that a lot of people are listening to your conversation, only to gossip later on.

They can't say much afterwards as the teacher comes in and everyone returns to their seats.

During the class, you look down at your left hand, noticing that your ring is not on your finger anymore. You panic for a second, but then remember that you left it in your room as you no longer have a necklace to put in on. While you were at home, you constantly had it around your finger, but now you don't have the time to go shopping for a new necklace or fix the old one.

Which reminds you... what happened to your old necklace? Ushijima only gave you back your ring, but never mentioned what happened to the other piece of jewelry. Maybe it got lost when Niiyama's ace ran away. It wasn't that valuable anyway, made from stainless-steel so it won't oxidize around your neck.

After the class, you go looking for Washijou at the teachers' lounge, but you don't find him there so you'll probably have to talk to him at practice. On your way back to the classroom, you decide to go to the bathroom. As you're about to exit the stall to go wash your hands, you hear two familiar voices. And yes, eavesdropping might be bad, but these two are definitely talking about you.

"Gaah! I made a big fool of myself back then, didn't I? What was I thinking?! There's no way that she would believe me after she heard me talking about her husband all the time! I'm so stupid! Stupid, stupid, stupid!" You hear Ito saying.

Well, this is unexpected...

"Ito, my love, I know that you are sad that things didn't turn out the way you wanted, but let's try to understand her a bit. (Name) literally got stabbed for being married to Ushijima, of course she's going to be cautious around everyone that's a huge fan of his... and you were quite obsessed with him, not going to lie..."

This is definitely unexpected...

"But!—"

"No buts. Your feelings matter too, but right now, she needs some space. She has a lot on her plate, with the nationals right around the corner. Poor girl, the school is going to drag her even more now that she confirmed that they're married. I wonder what type of ridiculous rumors they would invent now"

Sato's words bring tears to your eyes.

"Come here, you baby," you hear a smooching sound, "it's going to be alright. I'm sure that eventually she would realize that your intentions are not bad. But you had an unhealthy obsession with him. Mind telling me why?"

"Oh, he was hot, but I'm not into married guys. I was attracted to him because of his looks. And then I made out with you, so I completely forgot about him"

"Don't say that so loud!" You hear them running away, giggling, and you finally breathe normally. You stay there for a while, silently crying at their words.

•••

During lunch break, you remain inside the classroom, not having the appetite, nor the energy to eat something. Nobody said anything to you when you came back in the classroom with puffy, red eyes; just like you hoped.

You're half asleep on the table, already exhausted, trying to ignore the background noises coming from your classmates. Then everything goes quiet so you assume that they finally went outside, until you feel someone tapping you on the shoulder.

Double U | Ushijima Wakatoshi x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें