♡♡♡

Luna kept her fist placed under her chin as she listened to Mr. Vega drone on about their paper that she regrettably forgot to turn in. She knew it was midterms week aka the most important week to turn in assignments but this was an assignment she just couldn't allow herself to turn in.

She kicked Liv's chair, leaning over to whisper in her ear. "Mr. Vega's kind of hot, huh? In like a, I read Faulkner type of way."

"Dude..." Liv turned around with a menacing look in her eye. "One, ew! Two, I should kick your ass for not turning in your paper."

"Okay, I'll finish grading your papers today, so everyone you'll have your grades by this weekend." Mr. Vega announced. "Miss Ramirez, a word?"

Luna got up from her seat, gathering her things and shoving them into her backpack. Hanging her head down shamefully as she approached her teacher.

"What's up?"

"I couldn't help but notice that you forgot to turn in your essay," Mr. Vega sighed.

"Yeah...forgot," she winced. "Sure. Let's go with that."

"It's midterms week, Luna," Mr. Vega shook his head. "You are a straight-A student. Have been since freshman year, I'd hate for this assignment to ruin that."

"Right," Luna nodded. "Is there like...an alternative assignment?"

"Get the assignment into me before Friday," Mr. Vega sternly stated. "Or I have no choice but to give you an F."

Luna silently nodded, turning around and walking in the direction of the door, getting stopped by an extremely excited Jordan Baker.

"I hope you didn't make any plans for lunch," Jordan grinned. "We are ditching our friends and going on our first date."

"Right now?" she questioned.

"Yes," he confirmed. "Is that a problem?"

"I have plans," she winced. "I'm sorry, Jordan."

"Okay...with who?" Jordan asked.

"You are not my boyfriend, Jordan," Luna shook her head. "You don't need to know every single detail of my life. But, if you must know, I've got plans with...Jake. To end things."

"Yet," Jordan corrected. "I'm not your boyfriend, yet."

"Come to my house, tonight," Luna negotiated. "We can have a date. I'll even cook."

"I'll be there at 5," Jordan agreed.

"Make it 6 and we have a deal," Luna kissed his cheek. "Bye!"

♡♡♡

Jake stared at the guilty-faced girl sitting across from him at the cafe in Beverly Hills. Luna had been trying to rack her brain to find the right words. She had felt terribly for the way things went down between them, she was ultimately just using him to make Jordan jealous because of Ripley. And then Jake tried to reach out to her but she never responded.

"Are you gonna say something?" he spat.

His coldness towards her was not surprising but she wasn't entirely expecting him to be so mean.

"I'm sorry...for how things went down."

"I shouldn't even be surprised" Jake scoffed. "You haven't changed. You just used me and once you got what you wanted. You threw me to the side. Nothing new."

"Look, I'm sorry, okay?" Luna softly said. "You're completely right. I was using you. It was wrong of me and...I just should've never involved you in my issues."