Her - FW

Intro: Fred x Reader
Y/N has been best friends with Fred and George since her third year. She has always fancied Fred but never took the courage to tell him. Now it pains her when she sees him change and drift off fancying someone else.

Reader is a Ravenclaw by the way, so I apologize if this isn't your house.

(First Person POV-Reader)
———————————————————————————

"Hey Y/N, pleasant surprise seeing you here early" George greeted me as he sat beside me.

"Well you know—" I started cutting my pancake into squares "some people like waking up early for exams Georgie" I finished and chewed on a cakey square.

George made a noise as he felt in disgust with my sentence but it was true. I hated waking up early but on exam days, I had a rush of adrenaline in me. Maybe it's the the wisdom and academic motivation that drove me into being a Ravenclaw.

"What are you even doing here?" I turned and chewed silently.

George gave a puzzled look as he grabbed a fork and stabbed into my pancake. "Can't see my lovely best friend?"

"No you idiot" I rolled my eyes. "I mean, my house table. I thought you'd be with Freddie". I added and George started to chew slowly, which he only did when he's nervous. "Where is he by the way?"

George slightly choked on the pancake as I asked him the simple question that was barely a question.

"Oh—uh—Fred?.. he's just—Showering!" He blurred out.

"Yeah very convincing" I nodded my head in disapproval. "You've Always been a really bad liar".

After the quick chuckles that were shared, I slid my plate to George, stood up, and dusted off any crumbs and lint off of my robe. I started walking away from my house table and almost making it out of the hall to look for Fred but George had caught up to me right at the exit.

I looked up at him as he was panting "George what are you—".

"Y/N, you can't—- go out in the hall" he held his hands on my shoulders.

"Look if this is about the spiders still, I'm absolutely fine George. Just go —warn Ron" I chuckled but George didn't.

I slightly pushed George away from my shoulders and finally made it to the entrance of the hall. The first thing I saw, broke my heart.

Fred had always been my best friend along with George but my feelings for Fred ran deeper over time. His flirting stayed in my head along with the teasing punches or touches he'd throw off effortlessly. Also the way he can make me laugh by just saying the most random shit ever. It was Fred who stood out more in my eyes.

But now, now my eyes fell drowsy at the sight of Fred and Her.

The way he would look at her during meals, the way he would practice harder in quidditch to impress her, and even the way he would kiss her...while I wished it was me he was kissing.

Angelina was her name, she was very beautiful. She was bold, talented, outgoing and more. Everything I knew Fred had liked in a girl. Sometimes I even thought maybe he even fancied me back since I carried on with those traits.