"Magic of Potions"

Mulai dari awal

"MY BROTHER BEHAVES BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU GODDAMNIT!" I yelled at the top of my lungs while pulling my hair in frustration. No response but instead they all looked terrified! Maybe I should consider yelling at them from now on? That sure did help.

Something didn't feel right though. They were all staring with fear but not at me...it was like they were looking past me. It bugged me since no one made a sound for like a good five minutes if I didn't clear my throat and calmed myself down.

"You have a lot of company around you. Why waste your time talking to me? I've been walking out too many times, I think it's your turn now."

"Why you—" he choked on his words. That was odd. He never usually does that, especially when he's taunting someone. I'm sure he could have thrown another paper at me but no. The room was silent again just like how I wanted it to be.

"Let's just go." They scurried away, making me turn around to see what just occurred. The white-haired boy took another glance past me and when I turned to see what he saw, it made me let out a chuckle. It was Boa! She was up in the ceiling and was staring down at him as if she was a goddess.

 It was Boa! She was up in the ceiling and was staring down at him as if she was a goddess

"How come they're scared of you but not me?" I dragged my hand across my face. Boa got down from the ceiling and zoomed towards the room's exit before I heard screaming and running. They're scared of cats huh...

Or they're just simply scared of her. After all those screaming from afar died down, I noticed my wand and notebook were lying on the ground. They must have dropped it when they ran. Not only did I notice my stuff on the ground but I also noticed Riddle make a short glance at me before I did. Weird isn't it?

I chose to ignore him. If he wanted to stay there and read his little book—oh wait, that's the one I gave him back then when nobody else gave him presents. That one Christmas when we spent time together before I left and he stayed. He can't be reading that book over and over again.

I dusted my clothes and picked up everything I needed. I was tired of studying all day and dealing with that riot earlier. Now that my energy was drained, there was no way I could focus and think about important things. Right now, I'm thinking about how comfy my bed is.

"Alohomora." I flinched when he said that after a long silence. "...What?" I asked him. He then removed his eyes on the books and looked at me this time. It's been a while and I wasn't used to that anymore. "Alohomora is the answer for question number six."

"How did you—"

"The rest of your answers are correct except for that one. You should change it while you still can."

"Oh...thank—thanks." I gave him a look of suspicion before making my way back to the girl's room to take a nap. Why the hell would he tell me the answer? Didn't the professor say that was cheating? Oh well, at least I'll get a perfect score.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(Dumbledore's pov)

As always, I was in my office checking the horrible essays the seventh-year students made. Not to mention their terrible performance in potions, especially Gryffindor. I didn't want to admit it but yes, my students were failing. I only had a few more to read, therefore I could finish this and work on the potion soon.

"Professor, do you not think it's odd?" McGonagall asked me. She was in my office as well, making letters for the students who failed. Bless their souls and hopefully, their parents will have mercy on them.

"What is?" I asked her but lacked the time to look at her since I was anxious to finally finish these papers. "How much your potion worked of course."

"Ah yes...although, I do think those two have a little problem at the moment. I'm afraid I'm noticing distance between them lately." There was no denying the fact that their friendship was now slowly fading away while they grow up. It wasn't a good sign since I needed their bond to grow.

"Look on the bright side, Albus. Do you not notice something else is growing?"

"Enlighten me. I haven't been paying attention much." I shrugged, not really paying attention to what she was trying to bring up to me.

"The boy clearly feels something new. If it isn't friendship they have now then there might be a replacement. Your potion has been working very well. I do apologize for doubting you in the beginning." She chuckled. Could it be that Tom Riddle himself is doing the impossible at this moment? Could he be experiencing love? I slowly nodded at the thought of my hard work paying off.

There's only one way to find out if the boy does feel something different...